 Duplo / *451 (-20)
  Re: Bob the Builder

(...) And don't forget that the show's theme song ("Can we fix it?") is now a hit in it's own right (number 6 IIRC). (...) I've wondered what the relationship was between Bob & Wendy - from the few episodes I've seen, it wasn't clear who was in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup

(...) Hi, Unfortunately I can't see past the "with such little traffic" comment :) only a fraction of the relatively few posts to Duplo are about Duplo trains and most of those would be easily covered with a FAQ. Possibly a Duplo train section could (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bob the Builder

(...) (I've put Duplo back in the FUT in case there are others wondering about this). Bob the Builder is a British animated children's TV show that has been very popular in the UK and Australia for a few years now, and has recently hit stardom in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.duplo)

  Bob the Builder

Hi all, Can somebody please tell me what exactly is "Bob the Builder"? I got the idea it is a TV show, but I never got to see it. TIA, Pedro (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Re: DUPLO Juniorization

(...) Ah, I see where you have a point about young children having possible difficulty pressing down on the semi-circle plates right over the studs. But I don't think that should be as big a problem with the rectangular tables, and if it is the case (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DUPLO Juniorization

(...) I can understand not liking juniorization in Lego. I'm not a fan of the juniorization in Lego either. I do think it would be okay if they had "Lego Junior" sets instead of juniorizing everything. In regards to Duplo, I think that juniorization (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  DUPLO Juniorization

If you thought juniorization applied only to LEGO and that they couldn't possibly do anything to juniorize DUPLO, take a look at what I discovered while sorting through our Duplo collection. I was trying to disassemble the table on the left so I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New Bob the Builder set available

(...) This one was due all along...as nice as it is, we certainly don't need another Muck (or Bob for that matter...2 Bobs and 2 Scoops is more than enough duplication for now...)...but as to the old argument, here's the printed brick with Spud, so (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  New Bob the Builder set available

I was at my local TRU (Charlotte NC) this morning and spotted a new Bob the Builder set: Set 3274 'Bob and Muck Repair the Barn' (36 pcs). It comes with an 8 rung dark grey ladder that is either a new piece or a very old piece that has been brought (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I think some people are a little out of touch with reality, and I've seen enough of this argument to post my 2 cents worth. Its admirable that you and others are willing to give up your abs habit to try and stop Lego from doing business.... (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

Excuse my french, but zis crap outrages me! I can't believe lego would stoop so low as to doing this, so little duplo "things" suck! They are horrible, and if lego does make all of the things in China, I know I'm not going to support lego anymore. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) OT, but to correct misinformation... Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes are still being made and distributed. They may have been out of production for a while, but they are currently in production. And a company representative has publicly gone on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Bob hits Bluewater

Or rather, Bob *hit* Bluewater. The Kentish Temple of Mammon's LEGO Shop had two (count'em) 3272 Scoops on Saturday afternoon. Apparently there had been a 'small delivery' during the week, but the next delivery date is unknown. I was told there's (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.loc.uk)

  He didn't make a single racist comment..

Usually, I wouldn't touch this kind of topic with a 20 foot stick, but I feel as if some more people have to stand up for Greg here. He didn't make a single racist comment, nor did he say anything that even vaguely appeared racist. As Greg said (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposal for DUPLO® trains newsgroup

With all the recent newsgroups being created here on LUGNET, I thought I'd suggest one of my own. One may ask,"With such little traffic in the DUPLO® newsgroup already, why divide it further?" One possible answer may be that these little trains (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

My daughter was "made in China" we adopted her from there and she is perfect..please do not be racist..OK Thanks (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: joy of the Week: thinking Americans

Greg, Your point is well taken, I appreciate your point of view. I'm sorry some folks refered to your views as Racist. (It clearly wasn't) Your original post was well thought out and executed. I think the only difference in our thinking is that I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

(...) And that's why I asked for the opinion and thoughts of others. Thanks for responding. (...) I also do not tend to get involved in political discussions because I am very much aware of my lack of knowledge on such subjects as well as being (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I avoid the US for this reason. Capital punishment, bought elections, refusing to reduce CO2 emissions, STAR WARS, and preventing UN intervention in Israel are not things I want to support. Rengenier (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: Happy Americans , Abused Chinese

"Jon Furman" <Rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GJ9BB1.BJE@lugnet.com... (...) Well said. Thanks for taking the time to write what I thought, when I felt it more expedient to write 'crap' Case in point - my brother in law imports (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact