 Dear LEGO / 5484
Re: Prepare to cry: 2007 train pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 04:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

   It was in reference to the fact that TLG have finally made the much desired crossover track... but most of us can’t use it.

I see. Well, that is why God created Ondrew;-)

JOHN

We could debate whether it was god who created me all day, but I do know I was the first to create the double crossover.

As seen in this post dated Tue, 22 Nov 2005

I find it odd that the only 3 differences that can seen between MY version and TLC’s are lack of metal rails, combo switches “which will derail trains unless the mechanism was re-designed” and the joint in the middle.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m happy to see Lego do something for the community as it never happens with part design, BUT quite honestly I’m very pissed off that I was not contacted to be told they were going to use MY idea. It would have been a nice gesture to have been written a letter saying they liked my idea and they want to use it. I worked very hard for a long time to design, build and make the double crossover work flawlessly. I don’t know if I have a legal standing on this but I may find out.

This really perturbs me,

Ondrew

P.s. monetary compensation is not something I’m after, however an acknowledgement from TLC would be appreciated.