 Trains / 28419
Re: Prepare to cry: 2007 train pics........adapting metal to plastic rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: ... snip...
   i hope this helps clear up the confusion.

ondrew

Yes, helps a lot, thanks! I guess the trick is finding a good way to narrow the rail profile. Since it isn’t worth modding the simple straights and curves, any tool would have to fit within the flange profile to avoid begin fouled by wing rails, etc. found on complex trackwork. I keep trying to think up some kind of Dremel tool jig or such, but so far nothing comes to mind. Maybe a guide and a very small diameter bit that fits in the flange-way.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in. I’ve been looking at your work, I want to try doing the popular turn-out mod.

-dave