 Dear LEGO / 5010
Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:47:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote:

snip

   I know I have some sort of celebrity status here, but set aside the fact that I designed a set, and I am just another customer like anyone else. Up until the last year, I was an extremely loyal customer, with 30 years of Lego purchase under my belt. I was excited when Lego Direct started to actually take notice of long time customers such as myslf (and other AFOL’s out there). Yet, something that started out so promising just kind of fizzled and seems to have almost died out. The promise of a huge selction of bulk bricks through Shop@Home turned into an exlcusive train-club-only or know-the-right-person thing. That disgusts me and shame on all the elite AFOL’s that helped create this situation too.

What does the above passage refer to? What kind of special treatment do train clubs and “elite AFOLs” get?

Marc Nelson Jr.