 Dear LEGO / 4994
Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:17:43 GMT

Wow!!!  That is crazy.  I can see an "amateur start-up" making that kind
of rookie mistake but that shouldn't happen at a seasoned place like
our dear Lego Shop@Home.

I had one order this fall that was pretty messed up as well.  I ordered
a bunch of web-specials along with a couple of regular-priced sets.
When I got the order, it said I owed additional money (I paid by money
order).  The sales rep. who processed my order didn't give me credit
for the web-specials, even though I had sent in the order early to
take advantage of them.

Needless to say, a pleasant sales rep talked with her supervisor and
kindly reversed the charges on the items that were supposed to be on
sale to match the web-special price and I didn't have to worry about
the invoice.

Another incident also happened in where I ordered a Vladek Attack kit
this fall, and due to its popularity, it was back-ordered.  When they
were shipping again, I got the castle wall in the mail, but it was
by itself.

So I had to phone Shop@Home again and complain I didn't get the Siege
Tower set.  I got that a couple days later.  So these are a couple
incidences this fall.  I would consider these anomolies because the
vast majority of my orders have been processed perfectly and
completely and absolutely hassel free.

And I would also add, the customer-service department has been easy
to work with when there has been a mistake.

Ben