 Dear LEGO / 2907 (-20)
  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

Okay, that was long and rant-ish. Here are the points I was trying to make, in brief: 1. The problem isn't Juniorization, per se, but the application of it. 2. In order for Lego to survive, they must lure new consumers (small children). 3. Best way (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) How many of your conversations were with small children? Of course Juniorization doesn't appeal to you or me: we're not the target audience. The problem here as I see it is LEGO is having real trouble defining the target audience for different (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: John Heins' article on strategy

(...) Why? It's TLC's responsibility to make a go of it. I, the consumer, owe the maker of a luxury-goods commodity absolutely nothing. I, as a fan, am more than happy to financially support the company if I feel that the price is right...if, in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) I saw much the same thing at TRU: 3 teenagers (I almost fainted - I'm not sure that I'd *ever* seen this) came into the aisle and were oohing and ahhing over the SW sets, but after a few remarks about how expensive the Millenium Falcon is, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: NY Times article on strategy

John, now THIS was a post that people pay attention to. The contents of this message fall outside my area of control, but I can tell you that this is the way to get the appropriate people within TLC to pay attention! Great work and thanks for the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: John Heins' article on strategy

John, your whole post was excellent. I really think that we ought to see more "Dear Lego" posts with constructive ideas like these and less kvetching. We've got to understand that TLC is saying that the crisis is that kids aren't buying Lego sets (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) In lugnet.dear-lego, Tomas Clark writes: (...) Hmmm, every one of those product lines is distinctly apart from System in terms of both content and marketing-- except Creator. Creator overlaps with System in a pretty obvious way (obvious to me, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) Anecdotal as these examples may be, I have experienced the very same thing -- overhearing a child or parent talk about needing to get a more complex set than the juniorized sets provide. Even if TLC does extensive market research (which I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

A few people have asked if Town is going to turn into Duplo, and the mini-fig will be left out. Well, I believe it has already happened. Can anyone say "Racers"? And on another post: kids wanting more complex sets. I was in a local Super Wal-Mart (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Mybot

I have some observations about this product. I think it is really fun, but I had to build the toy and play with it to really understand what it did. I wish the descriptions covered the "game" portion of the product. To be honest I didn't fully (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

I'd like to make a suggestion on the use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego. Of late there has been much "debate" about whether TLC is doing "the right thing" or not, or somewhere in between. While some very legitimate concerns are getting (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  New Racers

Wow...and I don't mean that in a good sense. I just saw some of the racers kits up close in a TRU today and was truly disappointed. They reminded me of a throw-away fast food toy. What is the point? Race them, watch them crash and well, that's it (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) This seems to be getting pretty serious. I know I haven't been very freindly to our Lego representative in my posts...maybe I'm biased towards corporations/big buisness. Sometimes I think that I have no right to comment on Lego, It's not my (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) I don't make the decisions about "the future of minifigs," but quite honestly, I haven't seen, heard, or smelled a single thing within LEGO that suggests to me that the minifig is going anywhere. We've been making figures at other scales for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

(...) 15-20!, its more like 5-10! I have a few of the tow truck places (can't figure out the set #, but i don't really care about that), from 2 years ago, and the "Jeep" has 5 peices not counting the wheels! Josh "Where's the box car door again?" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

I totaly agree with this. I, being 14 years old find the Lego sets of today quite basic and boring especially all these peices moulded together. I was looking through all my Lego product catalogues a couple of days ago and was amazed at how much (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com> wrote in message news:G8670B.H6n@lugnet.com... (...) No. It's just a marketing term! regards lawrence (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy

Amen brother! Testify! :-) Seriously though, I think you hit this one on the head. Lego won these awards, but didn't they also lose money last year or something? I think I remember reading something like that before. Weren't they shutting down a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  NY Times article on strategy

The New York Times had an article on TLC today focusing on the Bionicle line and TLC's positioning of this product as a form of "interactive" type "action figure" geared toward the 10 year old market - the age at which kids traditionally abandon (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact