 Dear LEGO / 2824
Re: What would it take?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:39:09 GMT

I think part of the problem is that AFOLs have it so easy nowadays. I can
remember the days when this was a barren frontier, when the only AFOL
presence I ever saw was a few posts a day on alt.toys.lego (if that) and we
weren't even a grain of sand to TLG. We've got it pretty good nowadays
folks. Not to say there isn't room to do better (there always is) but some
chilling out needs to happen. S***ing all over every new  initiative Lego
attempts is, at the very least, unproductive, and at worst will turn TLG off
completely. Lego doesn't have to do anything for us. They don't owe us a
damn thing. Remember that. Easy come, easy go.

Do you really think that this is the way TLG thinks?  Do you really
think TLG will "turn off" completely because we complain too much?  I
think not - I think they will be looking at our complaints and going "if
this is what will make them give us money - then lets do it!"  They
don't owe us anything but we sure as heck don't owe them a damn thing
either man - REMEMBER THAT!  We don't owe TLG as a company huge bouts of
praise.

--
-TiM
NB, CA