 Dear LEGO / 2804
Re: What would it take?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:08:17 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Zwicker writes:

And I agree that some of the negative responses to the train contest were a
little extreme. However, I believe they are more indicative of people with a
true passion for their hobby that feel that they have let down too often in
the last 4 or 5 years.

  This is a good point. Folks are responding, I think, not out of
beligerence or because they're mean people, but rather because they feel
strongly about the hobby and have certain ideals they'd like to see advanced.

We often accuse TLC of dumbing-down their products, catering to those who
aren't patient enough to put together a complex set and those who want
instant gratification. Yet, we are guilty (myself included) of wanting the
same thing. We want everything from TLC done right and done now.

  That is a *great* point!

     Dave!