 Dear LEGO / 1554
Re: Lose the Plastic Thingies (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Poindexter writes:
I have a bunch of empty tubs (100 or so) that I would be glad to swap for
some better form of storage, like the 6 or 9 compartment trays with handles.
I do agree that the tubs are good, but I hate the buckets for storage.  That
handle makes it really hard to use.

Playscapes suck.  Give me more of the freestyle sets with the red or blue
trays.  I would personally buy a heck of a lot of them.

I echo the sentiments that playscapes are bad, bad, bad.  Memo to Lego:  Please,
please, please stop trying to mimic other toy manufacturers.  Stop trying to
recreate what works for other toy companies, and return again to your strengths:
producing quality building sets with quality non-juniorised pieces.  If Lego
tries to be an action-figure playset company, it will lose out to the
competition every time.  When your company stops producing SW, I may have to
give up Lego, because I don't see any other line that is not spitting out an
abundance of juniorized or overly-specific pieces.  I would deeply regret not
continuing my Lego hobby, but, were it not for SW (and take note of this: it is
because of set quality, not specifically because of the SW tag), I would not be
purchasing Lego.  I hope that you can keep this (for the time being) satisfied
customer.

On another note: I've found that an excellent storage strategy is to use the
blue plastic drawer shelves that are commonly used to store nuts and bolts.
These can be found in virtually any hardware store, and Target usually has them
for between $12 and $15.  I've found that I can organize and store about 1000
pieces per drawer set.