 Dear LEGO / 1460
1459  |  1461
Subject:
Lose the Plastic Thingies (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 04:19:43 GMT

Dear Lego,

I note that your current plastic thingie set, Air Zeppelin, seems to be
a glut on Walmart shelves, even at 9 bucks which is significantly less
than original MSRP. Every single Wal Mart I was just at (and I hit about
10 in the last week) has gobs and gobs and gobs of them (I'd go a buck
for it, maybe even 2, but not 9... and I just bought 10 of the big ninja
castle at 1/2 off so it's not that I am an across the board Mike
Stanley, holding out for 80% off, or anything...)

I also note that some of your other recent plastic thingie sets (the
rock fright knights (arguably the most universally derided set that
doesn't contain a Timmy in recent memory), the hot rod cliff, the
pharoah tube, the neptune bubbles, and most of the flip top cases) have
also dogged.

I suggest you dump plastic thingies altogether.

OR...

Just make USEFUL plastic thingies. For example, bring back the 6
compartment trays with handles, and bring back the 9 compartment trays
with handles.

THOSE are useful.

The rest of the plastic thingies are not useful and it's not just me
that feels that way, the whole market does. Just go count air zeppelins
on the shelves if you don't believe me.

Your pal... Lar

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar