 Dear LEGO / 1483
Re: Lose the Plastic Thingies (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:21:37 GMT

Duane Hess wrote:

I was in the store a couple of nights ago looking at the toy isles. I actually
had a hard time determining at first where LEGO sets stopped and Playmobil
started. Look at set 6600, Highway Construction. Tell me that it doesn't start
to look like a Playmobil product after a minute or two. Ya it's great for
playability just like Playmobil, but I don't see Playmobil striving for
buildability just like LEGO.

Well, they have a prefab building system. I picked up a Playmobil
catalog at Target and it was frightening how much the lines were
similar, right down to the color schemes for things. (Playmobil has a
blue and white railway express train and a set that looks exactly like
the 3225 (but was out first) in their train range... just to pick one
example)

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!