 Dear LEGO / 1151
Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:45:18 GMT

< Cross posted to off.topic.debate >

John DiRienzo wrote:

   Haven't companies been sued for misleading packaging before?  Aren't
there laws about this, or do they only relate to food products?  I've
noticed that potato chips seem to be coming in bigger bags recently, too,
and have to wonder if some(whichever) government agency is slacking.  I
agree with you Tom, the huge boxes definitely need downsizing.

Well, all packages contain what they have in there (i.e. 5.5 oz, etc.)
The packages may need downsizing, which I can agree with, but the
government taking action against them? What agency should look at  that?
If you are too naive to read the package, and look at the numerous
warnings / labels /etc., you do so at your own peril. That is not
governments role, unless you like to have government in every part of
your life, the market, etc.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn -> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Work Email ->
ssanburn@aeieng.com
Systems Administrator / CAD Operator - Affiliated Engineers, Inc ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html