 Off-Topic / Debate / 3011
Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:33:53 GMT

John,

John DiRienzo wrote:

   A quick search on the net found that Japan and Germany have laws such as
I mentioned, and, voila!  so does the US, many of them in fact.  Maybe you
missed this pork while the press had its day in the sun harassing George and
Danny boy.  most of this came when the huge leftist recycling boom was
underway.  These laws are still active.  And the government agencies (EPA
and similar) that are supposed to enforce them are still around, so as I
said, have they been slacking?  Whether you like agencies or not, there are
plenty of them and if they are receiving public funds, I personally believe
they should do what they are designed to do.

Oh, I agree with the concept of them doing what they are supposed to do.
Having them in the first place, on the other hand....

Don't worry, John, I am having a case of me overgoverning again, and it
just booms out of me every now and then. Nothing against you.

< snipped relevant article >

Interesting. It seems the consumer doesn't seem to want no packaged
items, little, etc. Maybe it was a backlash. I don't know. But it seems
that more packages are bigger nowadays, regardless the apparent threat
of the "packaging police."

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html