 Off-Topic / Debate / 3025
3024  |  3026
Subject:
(Something - I don't know what anymore) Was [Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:02:05 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:
In your original statement, you said "hose" when I assume you meant
"house". I was just making fun (sorry for being off-topic...)

Oops, I did. Ugh, I can't wait to go to bed tonight! :)

Yea, sounds like you need some sleep, or you need to bow down to the
great Larry more so you don't make as many misteaks...

Ah yes, to not make misteaks like the great Larry....
All Hail Larry! ;)

I don't know what being more friendly to gays means, however.

Things like benefits for domestic partners, having personel policies
which state that the company doesn't descriminate on the basis of sexual
preference, advertising in gay lifestyle magazines etc.

I don't think people should discriminate on the basis of sexual
preference, but I don't think it should be an issue in the first place.
Some try to make it seem so, though. The benefits are another matter,
which I don't agree with, but I am not in a position where it matters,
or I can do anything about. Leave it up to the corporations, not the
government.

Note also that IBM uses the same economic justifications for all
minorities.

But, I would argue that the classic term of minorities does not include
the homosexuals, in terms looking at the definition of what is a
minority. I saw an interesting video on it. It compared what the
government definition of minority is, what the black / Latino people
qualify, etc. Homosexuals / gay people did not fit. But that is yet,
another debate.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html