 Dear LEGO / 1111
Re: LEGO Direct Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:56:57 GMT

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999 20:53:31 GMT, "Mark Herzberg" <carorvan@aol.com>
wrote:

1) What exactly is meant by "bulk" ordering? Does this mean we will be able to
order certain pieces only in large amounts? Or all types of LEGO elements in
only bulk amounts? Will we be able to order, for example, a variety of LEGO
elements in small amounts, or will everything need to be in large amounts?
Also, will we be able to order only elements? How about baseplates or animals
or minifig accsesories? And will it only be pieces currently in production?
And how about colours? Will it be any piece in any colour or will it vary by
element? Sorry for this bombardment of questions, though I hope someone can
answer them. I can't wait until LEGO Direct.

I get the impression from Brad's last post that this is not finalised
yet.

As Larry said so eloquently a little earlier, Brad, I think you need
to give us a bit of direction to shoot for.

Ideally, _every_ piece of lego ever made would be available for bulk
order for no more than production costs + shipping + a fixed overhead.

Slightly more realistically:

I think we've heard from several dozens of people now that they would
be willing to buy tens of thousands of plain bricks in various colors,
if at a reasonable price. I expect that "a reasonable price" will turn
out to be a bit over the per-piece price you get from buckets on sale
in the US. Anything in the order of $0.05 to $0.10, though as prices
go up sales would go down obviously (maybe not by much though..).

Plain bricks first, in large lots. Then plates and tiles, then windows
allsorts, then... the WORLD! Uhm.. what did I say? Forget I said that.

In short, to sum up what I get as the average feeling here: As many
different pieces as possible, in as many colours as possible, in as
many places as possible, as soon as possible, as cheap as possible.

In approximately that order.

Jasper