 Dear LEGO / 1260
Re: LEGO Direct Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:56:32 GMT

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:15:26 GMT, "R2" <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote:

Well, yes, but I am talking price (actually price differential between) of a
single brick and plate. If taking into account the cost of ABS in large
quantities, 16.8 gr.. difference in weight vs. total ABS used in the mold
(including waste "trees"), and labor and/or machinery to trim them from the
trees, packaging and shelving costs, it really wouldn't be much of a cost
difference (maybe $0.001 per brick/plate difference?).

Are the trees actually waste? I'd expect them to be thrown into the
raw materials bin again..

Jasper