 Off-Topic / Debate / 3168
Re: Lucky Americans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 04:05:07 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

At this point in the discussion, I'd just like to say "You lucky
American bastards!".

<snip>

1 - I just got all three of my kids portable CD players for christmas. I
was shocked at how little these cost now, I turned my nose up at units
that cost 19 bucks a piece in order to get the more expensive(!) 29
dollars a piece ones... in other words, I had to work for about 30
minutes or so in order to earn a whole CD player! Is that cool or what?

<more snip>

Larry,
  Anyone making $60 an hour is indeed a lucky person.  Considering that minimum
wage is only around $5.25 and most people consider a $10 an hour job doing
well.  No hard feelings intended here....but some of us have to work 3 hours
for that same CD player, and it isn't behind a desk either.
No hard feelings, just think about the blue collar guys huh?
Pat