 Database / Set Inventories / 784
  More inventories on peeron.com!

Since our last post on 6/11/01, we've added 30 new sets! We're up to 541 with more added all the time. A special thanks to Steve Bliss, Heather Patey, Michael J. Love, Kevin Salm, TWS Garrison, Ray Sanders, and Ildefonso Junior Zanette, and everyone (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv) !

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) Peeron.com's image library is excellent. Glad to see new photos added. At the risk of fragmenting the image library too much like partsref, I would like to suggest that some images be placed in different files/folders. For example, all minifig (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) yes, I do realize that the full thumbnail page is way too big... I've been meaning to have it break down to pages... not sure about separating to categories though - I mean, if you're looking for a specific torso, for example, the easiest way (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) Sorry to go off-topic here, but do you think partsref is too fragmented? I realize I'm reading extra meaning into what you wrote, but this is an impression one could get from it... So I'm asking straight out. Steve Christopher! have you backed (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) NO. Not at all. I think that Partref is organized very intuitively. And with all of the keyword searches available, the only reason for not finding a part on partref is because the part does not yet have a listing there. I have been using (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) OK, good. That was my main concern. (...) OK, good. I agree with most of these, at least sort of. :) (...) I wouldn't change something because just one person says so. Even (especially) if that one person is me. There are a few people who I (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) You could do what I did with partsref, and put patterned elements on a separate page. At least when you've got the plain version of the same part. Actually, you wouldn't put it on a separate page, you'd just remove it from the thumbnails page, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

(...) And I must mention that, although it is in some ways convenient to be able to find pieces by theme, things get messy when themes are used in the hierarchy. For example, consider the Castle section of Partsref, and these "Castle *" parts. There (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

(...) I'll let Steve fight his own battle - but I will point out that partref uses %100 ldraw names... :) (...) Tell me about it. Our current stance on peeron is that we won't create new names for pieces that already have names via ldraw/partsref... (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

(...) heh, I agree - except that I can't think of a way to group headgear together... not without using keywords or something... (which is planned, I'll admit). (...) heh, no, not really - just we got tired of the huge pile of sets waiting to be (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) You already have those nice two paragraphs with links to the new added sets and images on your starting page. How about keeping them after making a posting to lugnet? If the lists gets too long, you could move it to another page, like the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) nod, I mean to do something like that one day - I have all the data, just need to compile it... :) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) Yes, so many nice things to do and so little free time in a day ;-) Regards, Hakan (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

(...) Are you letting me fight my own battles, or throwing me to the wolves? ;) Partsref using LDraw names is no defense for me... (...) And my stance is that partsref uses the data from ldraw. My advantage is that when LDraw changes, it's very easy (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

Hi, (...) What is the procedure for someone else to add photos and new parts to your db inventory on peeron? I just got a digital camera, and would be willing to photo new parts in MISB sets I inventory. Would I just send you the photo and find the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part naming/organization [was: Re: More inventories on peeron.com!]

(...) well, if the part has a partsref number, then it doesn't need a picture, since all parts in partsref have dats. So we only need pictures of parts that are not in partsref. Now, if the part has a number on it, use that, if not, give it an (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) Thanks for the "previous part" section on the main page ;-) I hope that this works for the pictures section, too, this would make me a really happy camper ;-) Regards, Hakan (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) not sure I understand what you mean though? the "Previous Post" section? if so, then, yes, when we add new pictures, you'll still be able to see the pictures we added last time... perhaps I'm misunderstanding though... :) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: More inventories on peeron.com!

(...) I was trying to express exactly what you implemented ;-) Regards, Hakan (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.db.inv)