 Database / Set Inventories / 789
Re: More inventories on peeron.com!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:11:07 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Kevin Salm wrote:

At the risk of fragmenting the image library too much like partsref, I would

Sorry to go off-topic here, but do you think partsref is too fragmented?
I realize I'm reading extra meaning into what you wrote, but this is an
impression one could get from it...

So I'm asking straight out.

NO.  Not at all.  I think that Partref is organized very intuitively.  And with
all of the keyword searches available, the only reason for not finding a part
on partref is because the part does not yet have a listing there.

I have been using partref for so long that I can find any part I am seeking in
the time it takes for the page to load or faster.  Personally, I am comfortable
with partsref the way it is.  I would only move a handful of images to
different categories.

Now, having said  that, here are some that come to mind:
30359 --move to BAR
30035 --move to MINIFIG
2516 --move to MINIFIG
3959 --move to MINIFIG
4360 --move to MINIFIG
4596 --move to WINGS
--move all radar dish to own category

BUT, don't do these things just 'cause I say so.  Who the heck am I to dictate
to you??  I love partsref and have great respect to all who take the time and
effort to keep it up-to-date only because they want to without fame or fortune.

As for Peeron.com image library--I would like to see SOME categorization of
images but would not favor fragmentation similar to partsref.
Unnecessary, IMO -- until, perhaps, the time comes that there are lDraw
renderings and photographic images of 99% of all Lego elements.  That is
unlikely due to the (fast) pace in which The Lego Company produces new
elements.

So, don't change partsref.  As long as I can view it in frames, I'm happy.  And
I suggest only a handful of categories for the Peeron.com image library.

__Kevin Salm__
....my opinions don't count, so I will go back to building now....

.