 Color / *689 (-20)
  Re: Final draft of the letter?

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:I80AH4.1088@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) compatibility. (...) written (...) don't (...) disappointed (...) I understand. I composed this letter with the idea that it wouldn't be a letter from (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Final draft of the letter?

"James Wilson" <wilson_j_s@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I805EB.1wMK@lugnet.com... (...) person], (...) to (...) communication, (...) 500 (...) sit up (...) I totally agree, James. I tried to leave most of that part of the letter blank for (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

(...) Actually, I 100% agree with you there (and did before I posted) - and the LEGO magazines I've seen for 10+ yrs proves your point. I agree that brick size and shape are MUCH more important (and hinted at that in the letter, so it didn't appear (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

(...) There is a factual error here. Dark grey and brown have not been around for 20 years. You probably want to annex the letter with a detailed description of which colours have changed, with a photo, or even real parts, as an example if you want. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

Thanks for the feedback. (...) Good Point. I argued that internally as well, and thought that the promise on color consistency was a stretch (at best) so it's good to see some opinions that support that counter-point of view. Please also see my (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Final draft of the letter?

(...) I'm not terribly fond of the "Dear Lego Company" bit-- perhaps if it were addressed to Jorgen Vig personally. But if it's addressing the company as a whole, I'm not sure it even needs the "Dear company" bit. (...) Maybe it's just me, but I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Final draft of the letter?

Hey, David, After giving it a quick read, I've got two suggestions: 1) I don't see anything wrong with addressing the letter to a real person, ideally the CEO of LEGO (whose name escapes me at the moment). I think a personally-addressed letter makes (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

(...) Have you ever watched a child (10 and under) play with LEGO? Quite often the brick size and shape is way more important than the colour. Take a look at the "kid creations" in the LEGO Magazine. Things are made of all different colours put (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

In lugnet.color, Mark Chan wrote: <snip> (...) I don't think TLC ever made a promise like this. I remember seeing in some catalogs from the '80s that TLC promoted the fact the most elements were interchangeable with one another, and that all the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!

Hi Scott, Out of curiousity, I then ask, why is, for example, the engineer from 'Spiderman's train rescue': (URL) Flesh coloured? Is he a specific character like say, Peter Parker or Harry Potter? Samarth SNIP (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 5943 Color Question

(...) The Color Tree depends on information submitted by fans or made publicly available by the Lego company. I welcome all corrections to any discrepancies and submissions of missing info. Thanks, Clark (URL) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color)

  Final draft of the letter?

Hey all, So I posted a second draft but got no responses, so I'm assuming that everyone (or the few people who read it) agree with and approve the text. I'll present it again below. I would like to print a copy, sign it and mail it this week, but (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color)

  Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**

I've drafted a letter, and had my wife review for grammar, context and presentation. By way of credentials, my wife has worked as both a full time external communications, and internal executive communications writer in a Fortune 100 company for (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!

(...) Actually, The yellow minifig is not dead. I recall Jake mentioning at a Brickfest convention that the flesh-colored minifigs are only done when there's a likeness to a person, either in real-life or as an actor/person in a licensed product. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Customer petition?

(...) That's always been my understanding as well. Technically they can street anyone they wish (although it can get tricky without a defensible reason that doesn't appear discriminatory). Anyhow, in a mall you would probably need permission to set (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Customer petition?

(...) I see. Well, it's something we should look into but that all sounds about right. And I think it's definitely important to conduct the survey/petition as professionally and unobtrusively as possible. (...) Yes. We would have to be clear to TLC (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 5943 Color Question

(...) I do agree that the color tree is a great resource and it is shaping up nicely but their are still some discrepancies and missing info especially with the higher end numbers. (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Customer petition?

(...) I also believe that is correct. I'm not sure that most malls are actually public property though. Although the "public" is invited to shop there, it is still a private business, and you may be asked to leave unless you had permission from the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Customer petition?

(...) I could be wrong but it was my understanding (as a former petitioner for the Libertarian Party) that if you are on public property, permission is not required. However, you can be asked to leave if you are disruptive (block pedestrian flow, (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Customer petition?

Hi Jake, There was the suggestion of a petition to the company and someone mentioned petitioning parents. One thing that came to my mind is trying to collect signatures at or around the Legoland theme parks and Lego retail stores. I imagine that (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact