 Color / 688
Re: Final draft of the letter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:44:56 GMT

"James Wilson" <wilson_j_s@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:I805EB.1wMK@lugnet.com...
Hey, David,
After giving it a quick read, I've got two suggestions:¬
1) I don't see anything wrong with addressing the letter to a [real • person],
ideally the CEO of LEGO (whose name escapes me at the moment).  I think a
personally-addressed letter makes a greater impact than a letter addressed • to
"Lego Company."  Now, I don't know the ins and outs of corporate • communication,
and big companies might say it makes no difference, but I think if I got • 500
letters addressed to [me] rather than generically, I'd be more likely to • sit up
and notice.

I totally agree, James.  I tried to leave most of that part of the letter
blank for others better informed on these formalities to make suggestions.

2) The sentence in the second paragraph that begins, "Having
consistent..." -- seems a bit passive to me.  I'm not sure of a "better"
construction, but something like, "My enjoyment of buying and collecting • your
product would be enhanced if your company would maintain a consistent • color
palette and manufacturing process."  It puts the emphasis on the • [personal]
relationship the writer has with the recipient, and puts the word • ["buying"] in
there - they need to remember that this is an economic decision for us. • It
might also translate better, but that's just a supposition.

Excellent suggestion, I will make the changes and have another draft posted
shortly.

That's just my $0.02 worth.¬
James Wilson¬
Dallas, TX¬