 Color / 691
Re: Final draft of the letter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 03:57:10 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote:

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:I80AH4.1088@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote:
Dear Lego Company,

However, the recent color change has
undermined this principle. My involvement in the AFOL community has brought
to my attention the fact that many other AFOL's also share my disappointment
with this change. As a long-standing Lego collector and builder, it is
difficult to accept that some of the colors I've been collecting for years
will no longer be available. It is also difficult to accept that the new
colors do not match the old ones.

TLC has had Reps at the Brickfests, they have seen what we can build with the
Brick.  Many AFOL's, especially .Castleheads have many projects that they are
working on or have planned that now won't happen because of the color change.
Send them a copy of Brickfest 2004 CD and ask them to point out the new
colors...  Go into Walmart and TRU and look at the empty shelves where once it
was a LEGO asile.

At my local Walmart, a lot of the LEGO sets are on the top shelf where you need
someone to get them down.  But the Lincoln Logs and Mega Bloks are at hand level
for the kids to reach and see.

If TLC is concerned about looking like MegaBlok, how many conventions a year are
there for them.  And yet our small numbers are supporting 3 conventions.  To
continue this point, how many Mega Blok stores are there?  If our small AFOL
numbers are too small to count, who is the largest block of customers at
Pick-a-Brick?  I would be hard to convince that more kids are buying bulk than
AFOLs.  You don't hear of many kids going out and buying 30 to 50 sets of 4562.

-- Don             GtwLUG               St. Louis