Re: Airships (Re: Magic/Majick section of CW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:51:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Wilson

My problem is how to justify the existence and operation of airships.  As
first I thought "Magic!", but that doesn't really do the concept justice.  My
next thought was that each airship has to have crystals (found in the AQ and
RR sets) which have levitation powers.  They are hooked up to special
levers and such - making them independent from any magician and single source.

Better yet - there could be a special chair that one could sit at and
channel their thoughts through the crystal - making the airship only as
stable as
its captian - making it almost a living object - like a mecha almost.

The fun with that would be that a mountain with these or source of them
would be highly desirable and hard to find.  If you want to go further, the
chrome armor on the knights might be carved from these crystals - giving
them the power to levitate and fly.  "Death from above!"  The idea of
opening up the airs through a controlled means (via crystals) adds a fun
demension to the whole world.

Anyone else given this thought?

-- Pawel

What if it was a highly advanced civilzation that has degraded back down to
medieval technology?   This could explain amplification crystals in a world
full of castles and knights.  These would also be hard to find or desirable
because they cannot be reconstructed.
Rob
robo2705@hotmail.com