Re: Magic/Majick section of CW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:51:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Frank Filz writes:
David Eaton wrote:
Hmm... perhaps I should add a 'weapons' category for maces, catapults,
ballistas, staves, etc. If anyone can think of a MOC that would fit into a
'magic' category but not these categories, maybe that's what Magic could be
for... otherwise I'd probably hold off until CW actually develops a gaming
side...

I think a weapons section would be great. Perhaps instead of a "magic"
section, we can title it "special effects" since I think that is what
Wilson was really trying to have a place for. Of course narative detail
is always nice on anything (I'd consider the description of a spell to
be such narative detail). I don't think Wilson is trying to describe the
spells to the level of detail one would for a game.

Hmm... maybe:
- Weapons
- Items (non-weapon generic things-- like a mirror or magic portal or
something)

And as for magical items, each character/item/weapon/place/structure/vehicle
could be marked as magical... hence if you looked up "magic" you could find all
magical weapons, magical items, etc. Hence, it's not really its own category,
but it's a search criterion.

Dunno what to do with spells though... I suppose one could classify them as an
item or weapon even, but that doesn't quite seem to fit. I'm still not sure I'm
keen on keeping track of spells-- at least not at present... dunno exactly...

DaveE