 Castle / Castle Organizations / 98
Re: Magic/Majick section of CW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:13:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Wilson Raska writes:
I was looking through the old Castle World site when I came across the
"magic" section.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a
"magic" section on the temp site.  I have some great ideas for spells to put
up on the site.  A character (sig-fig or otherwise) could be showing the
technique for executing the spell in a few pictures.  The spells could be
realm-specific so that they don't break the rules of anyone's realm.  I
think this would be a great way to show off our creative methods for
portraying magic/majick with Legos.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

WilsonIn lugnet.castle.org, Wilson Raska writes:
I was looking through the old Castle World site when I came across the
"magic" section.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a
"magic" section on the temp site.  I have some great ideas for spells to put
up on the site.  A character (sig-fig or otherwise) could be showing the
technique for executing the spell in a few pictures.  The spells could be
realm-specific so that they don't break the rules of anyone's realm.  I
think this would be a great way to show off our creative methods for
portraying magic/majick with Legos.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Wilson

Fantastic idea!

The "magic" section could actually provide details about more than just the
spells of the realms.

One section could be for the portals, and the various ways they are
activated and even created.

Another could be for small magical objects. This section could showcase the
magical objects people have created, and also describe the different
qualities the same part has in different realms. For example, in my realm
any trans-antifreeze object is Illuminar, mysteriously glowing and providing
those that know its secret with a fire-less light source.

Perhaps another section could show magical places. Not necessarily places
made by magic-users, but places that just have, or have been given an
inherent magical quality. An example of such a place is the temple in Craig
Hamilton's Gregor Tower.
http://community-2.webtv.net/castleworld/gregorstourdetour/

There could also be a section for magical theory. What rules govern one
realm, or even what rules have the magic-users invented for what they have
observed. An example of the rules that govern a realm is Tony Rowe's schools
of magic and the effects of one type of magic on another
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/9142/lego1.html

While an example of the rules the magic-users made up may be the various
theories that have come from magic-users going from one realm to another and
seeing the differences in magic. Several different theories may have been
made to why magic changes from realm to realm none would actually be the
“right” idea, but each may be adopted by various people.

What do you think?

-L