Re: The NEW Castle World!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:48:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Alex Polimeni wrote:
   Now, for CQ. I do not want to REPLACE CW and everything with CQ, but i would like to add it as another level of CW. That way, people who wanted some uncontrolled bit in their adventures, and didnt want complete control over their characters, and basically wanted to place them in a real WORLD would enter some characters in CQ. They could still of course be a part of regular old CW too.

I know ZERO about gaming, most probably. The sum of what I know is that people begin with characters and a scenario; the characters have certain “power” levels and the action is dictated by the throw of different kinds of dice. A “dungeon master” develops the scenario and sets a kind of storyline/quest and rules on the disputes that may arise. Is that about right?

How do people implement this on the web? How is it done via simple webpages with text and images?

I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for a concrete example of this...

While I don’t intend to dictate from on high what can or cannot be done, I am mindful of the fact that CW is ideally a storytelling forum. How does CQ, whatever it is, facilitate storytelling?

-- Hop-Frog