Subject:
The NEW Castle World!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:48:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I declare this subject now open to discussion. Please post all of your thoughts on the subject here in this newsgroup. Noise or not, this is our home. Nothing is sacred, everything is permitted.

I propose:
1. That we maintain the former Castle World as a linked archive off the new CW’s main page (i.e. the index page).
2. That in furtherance of point #1 that I finish archiving TIOM and create an extra page documenting some of what was supposed to happen with TIOM but did not come to fruition. Slightly adjacent to this last bit, might be the recreation of C. Hamilton’s webpages as Craigo was a major mover behind CW along with Pawel. For that matter I have at least some of Pawel’s stuff archived also. Permanently honoring the two creators of CW would not be too far amiss, I think.
3. That we otherwise start afresh with the single exception of the following “branded” CW logo/button (the same button that currently appears in our CW newsgroup sidebar, and that also appears in the current “castle” newsgroup sidebar):

For those that do not know -- this image is based on a CW logo created by C. Hamilton. Besides being a founding member of CW, Craigo is a reknowned artist working in the field of comic books -- notably for DC Comics. Frankly, we could do a lot worse than this logo. Please take note that the logo plays off of two official Lego designs -- the Dragon Masters standard, and the Time Twisters logo (please note the following visual references):

I don’t know if people know this, but the Time Twisters 4x4 radar dish was supposed to be a vortex on the CW map, a place of magickal possibilities -- the concept was an integral part of TIOM. There’s history here in this image, people! I am being pretty assertive about the continued use of Craigo’s design but we can discuss it if people strongly object to it for some reason.

My suggestion to start the discussion going is to try to define what was good about CW before such that we’d like to see more of it. In other words: What do we already have in CW with which we can begin again?

From there we might consider the impact of possibly competing projects on “castle” overall and try to devise ways of minimizing division and instead fostering unification. I would personally like to CW working cooperatively with other castle projects.

Lastly, we can consider the administration of the NEW CW, although this may seem a bit abstract in advance of having more firmly established goals.

Wait for it...

Go!

-- Hop-Frog