 Castle / Castle Organizations / 31
Re: gregor tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 02:31:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.castle.org, Craig Hamilton writes:

here are the first pictures, (courtesy of greg crisp) of my most recent
castle world creation.  i'll be working on the ballad pages, which are
action-packed, i assure you!  meanwhile enjoy this brief introduction to
gregor tower:

http://community.webtv.net/castleworld/gregortower

later ~ craig~

Craig, that thing is awesome!  I especially like the skull and the roof.  I
was also wondering if there's any structural concerns, with it getting bigger
toward the top like that.

   uh, ... _yeah_!  the baseplate is from king's mountain fortress, and is
10 inches squared. the top towers and walls are 15 inches across.  the
bottom is solidly built with many small pieces and the second floor divides
into two walls that carry the weight of the top.  i used the lightweight
burps and wall pieces higher up, creating a top- heavy look without making
it so. half arches came in handy to create the overhanging corners and MANY
inverted slopes were used gradually on each floor.

But overall, the design is stunning.  Great work!
-Chris

  thanks!

   later ~ craig~