 Castle / 9300 (+100)
  Re: wow. Wow! WOW!

(...) Ah, where have you settled now? I'm sure you mentioned it. I'm disappointed we didn't manage to hook up over Christmas, but that's a pretty hectic time. Frank (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) I will probobly look into getting at least 1, depending on the cost to get it from shop @ home, get it to someone in the us or europe then have them send it to me. If I do it, I would probobly do a larger order than this, probobly with a MOT (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) I'm queued up for 4 (or will be tomorrow). But before I order, I have to figure out if my wife was serious when she said "11". (yikes!) James (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Worth the wait?

Hey folks, I told you about what could happen in July didn't I? :) Oh man, there were so many times I just wanted to blurt it out, but didn't. At first I thought people were going to form a lynching party when everybody realized that I couldn't tell (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

Right now I'm beginning to wonder about quantity? If everyone intends to get at least 4 around here, and if the ‘Legends’ series is displayed at Lego.com and in the Lego Mania Magazine…is there a possibility that this item could sell-out? I'm (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) Read Brad's original post. I didn't get the conclusion you did. (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) I don't think it will be a problem. LEGO Direct is making 'em, and if they sell out, they'll just make more. :D James (woohoo!) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

Actually I've read Brad's post several times over. I pose the question because I believe that Shop @ Home exclusive items always have a smaller production run than its counterparts that are distributed to the general market. And due to the inherent (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (Yup!!!)

First off, I'd like to thank Mr. Park for giving the community the heads-up a few months back. If not for him, I do believe that this info would have thrown countless individuals into cardio-pulmonary trauma. I for one really appreciated his (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) :-) well, talk about painful silence.. I knew in November of last year! (I was asked not to tell) So, phew! I'm with you, Jimmy - glad that wait is over. But more importantly, very happy to see it come true. I have always *loved* this set. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  For those of you who remember...

I've got a few question for those of you who originally bought the Guarded Inn. Did the yellow saddle come with one clip or two? Were the heads of the minifigs solid or hollow? I'm thinking that's the only two elements in the 6067 set LEGO might (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) Hey Suz - where was your "I Know Something That You Don't Know But I Can't Tell You So You'll Just Have to Wait But I Can Promise It Will Really Be Good But In the Meantime Please Don't Talk About It" posting? I don't remember seeing that one. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: For those of you who remember...

(...) My PERSONAL standards for completeness say that I must have evidence of a copy of the set. To this extent, I do not yet consider myself Pirate set complete (I'm actually striving for extra credit in Pirates) even though I am 99% convinced I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (Yup!!!)

(...) Really? You truly believe that there would have been scads of folks going into cardiac arrest over the announcement that a toy is being re-released? Come on - it's not like we're talking about beanie babies or Star Wars action figures. On the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) lol. well, I didn't sign an NDA, so it wouldn't have sounded very impressive. ;-) -Suz (...) :-D (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

I see the set is in the database... So how long has this page been waiting to be activated? :-) (URL) D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:3B207648.F46381...ate.com... (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

Heh heh Actually, you have Jen Boger to thank for her speedy response to the news today. (She just made the page) -Suz (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) I wonder if that is why they are doing the pre-orders. I wonder if the set aare created and ready to go or if they are waiting to see how many they need? I think I'm going to have to rebuild my Blacksmith (I hope I can find all of the furnace (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait?

(...) Right. Because if you had, barring any explicit release, you'd have to continue not saying whether you knew in advance or not. (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

I know I shall be the only one with this opinion, but frankly I am saddened by the re-release of the Guarded Inn. Yes, I will buy one or two, I'm not saying it's a bad set. I've always wanted one. HOWEVER I see no redeemable feature that would make (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Value is what the market will bear. As for your preferred LEGEND sets, all I can say (as one who is not privy to the NDA info) is wait and see. For all we know, they might be releasing exactly the sets you'd most like to buy. As a brand new (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Almost certainly being one of the "hypocritical castle heads" referenced, I should point out that I never called castle walls worthless, just said I don't need more, and would rather see other things first. (...) IMHO? It's not a $300 set. But (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I guess the question is, are you SADDENED by it or just dissappointed? Sounds more like you just wish they started elsewhere... (...) Personally, I like it for a few different reasons-- It's just got lots of cool pieces that I like: -The red (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I don't love or hate castle walls -- but I'd probably use the faceted bricks instead of the corner wall piece if I had ready access to them. [note: The Castle Expander pack has 4 of these in grey -- I'd like to see them sold in more colors and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) (snipped) (...) (snipped) (...) Looks like I didn't pick the complaint winner (see my first post) (URL) Set status is given to this set primarily because it is one of only two castle sets that is centered around village life, and not warfare (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I agree in that they are just Lego pieces and beyond the rare red tudor walls (white walls, spray paint 'em red, apply black tape, viola! saved myself over $100) I just can't justify the extreme expense. Simply put, for that kind of money, I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) Hey John, The square windows are actually backwards headlights. Having just put together my FIRST Guarded Inn two weeks ago (after a heated battle on Ebay) the new release is a double edged sword. I kick myself for buying ONE of them at $100, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) Yup, she was serious. Yeouch! Well, at least I can console myself that one of them is my birthday present... James ...waitasec... *I'm* paying for my birthday present! Hey! ;) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Remember that this is the first Legends set they may be testing the waters sure Lugnet AFOL's will go out in droves and purchase this kit. (I prordered a few today) but if others buy it when it sells, well then they might deciede to release a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) While I agree with much of what you say, here's what I see: Set size is important. I went to the first inflation calculator that Google could find for me, and it said that the 2000$ cost of 6080 would be about $90. It also said that the 2000$ (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Crusader Fortress

Hey all, I know that this is not going to compare in any way with the "July Surprise" news, but in it's honor, I'd like to announce the completion of my Crusader Fortress. It is a small Crusader fortress located in the Judean Wilderness (Ein Gedi to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) the details I particularly like are: - Having the sacrament laid out on the altar (and the way the light shines through the stained glass window) - The look of the 1x1 rounds alternating with the 2x2 rounds in the columns - The picture with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Would you prefer yet another juniorized castle set? (...) No one forces those people to pay those prices. And the whole point of the Legends line is now we don't have to. (...) Ok. Personally I'm more disgusted by those AFOLs that ask people (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) Frank (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Why in the world would you refer to me as a god when you are so darn good at this stuff, I'll never know. Anyway, a sandstone castle was a worthy project, and you did a great job with it. I'd probably turn the tower/chapel around so that the stained (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) colors are quite a contrast to their surroundings! I love the trees. Detailing on this whole face is really nice- (URL) like this 'double flag' trick. what type of pole is that? is it two light saber rods? (URL) type of Lion Head columns, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) I'm having trouble coming up with ww ideas right now, i figured I should start building and see what comes (...) That scala bread really comes in handy! (...) I was hoping to get a Date palm tree look, not a Coconut palm. building like this (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

[warning, non-Castlehead posting] (...) I agree. This was the best Castle set LD could have released as a Legend. Its price point makes it attainable to all LEGO buyers and it was ranked highest on Lugnet. (...) At the risk of this sounding like a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) <snip> (...) authentic, to my eyes, and the lack of variety in the parts gives it a very spartan, holy-place-in-the-desert feel to it. But what really blew me away was this picture: (URL) scene. I've got new wallpaper, now. Thanks, James (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) You, Frank, Shiri, Pawel, and some others have quietly been "tutoring" me with your creations and ideas for about a year and a half. I've built lego all my life, but until I found lugnet, I built all the same stuff over and over. When Making (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) the research glider. in white, It is also the cavalry flag pole in the WW sets (...) Thanks Suz, considering the source, This type of compliment is especially gratifying. I love your Rhine Barge, and a long time ago, I "borrowed" your women (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

It's too bad no one reads posts anymore, they just reply for the sake of replying. Maybe I should return your favor Jimmy and just reply without reading what you've written. (...) by (...) wanted (...) sell (...) things (...) say (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Obviously you have already mastered this style. (top posted too, how.... inconsiderate) <MASSIVE SNIPPAGE TO FOLLOW> the previous players, (...) This 'Dinky little set' is something I wish I'd known about in the times before my dark ages. I (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) little (...) cannot (...) on (...) to (...) this? (...) good (...) many (...) Yes, it might be good for parts, terrible for sales. You may not be aware, but for a company, having a product line go into thrift shops in such a large quantity is (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

I for one appreciate Anthony’s comments. Even though I too am among the countless who are enamored at its arrival. We write in a medium that presents itself as an open forum. Therefore, it is to be expected that some opinion will differ from the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I'm glad that Jimmy said exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me that no matter what LEGO does, everyone complains anyway. Also, it would seem to me that Jimmy did read your post considering that almost your entire post was contained in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Very nice, Jon. You have done a fine job of capturing that desert oasis feel. Your pictures seem sunny and warm. I really like the opening shot through the palm trees. Nice work. This is tempting me to try some Egyptian ruins style building. Ashley (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) this? (...) Sigh... No one reads posts anymore. Since you didn't read it, I'll explain. The re-releasing of non-castle sets is unfair, since Castle has been beaten down so much. I complain about the Guarded Inn coming back because unlike John (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Lugnet has a problem

Lugnet has a problem. No one can have their own opinion if it differs from everyone elses. If they do, they are attacked. Read the posts that were in reply to my own, stating my discontent with the re-release of the Castle set the Guarded Inn. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) That's a very good point, Anthony. And the only way TLC will triumph over collector's is to re-release a lot of stuff they are not now producing. Perhaps it's in the works. Who knows...? If they produced enough quantity of the rarer elements (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I certainly did read it, which prompted my reply. (...) Well cry me a river. Sorry but I don't buy your idea of 'fairness.' LEGO has no obligation to treat a theme with favored or non favored status on the basis that they have 'beaten it down' (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Tim, I think the term "sour grapes" doesn't actually work in this context -- or at least I'm not sure how you mean it. (...) Others can always do as they please. But there are several REALLY good reasons why Lego doesn't fit into the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) At least five: One to build, one for parts, one ofr the stash, and two to hawk on ebay two years from now... (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  July Surprise tearing .Castle apart?

Wow, I go away for a couple days, and come back to find that not only did I miss the posting of the July surprise, but that Anthony Sava is being verbally assaulted for having a different opinion? Come on guys! Okay #1- the Guarded Inn- Eh.. I've (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) <much snippage> (...) set, at a good price, and I hope LEGO sells a zillion of them. Because if they do, that will give them reason to bring out MORE Castle sets - and hopefully some of the very ones you listed. (Castle is what brought me out (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) the new tan bricks to model Crusader castles. I have a partially completed 6080/375 type castle sitting in a corner. I'm hoping for more bulk tan bricks (and hopefully tan castle walls!) so I can get it finished. You did a great job with all (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Red Dragon Head?

I was looking at the new Jurassic Park sets, and while looking at <set:1371>, it struck me...look at the tongue on that beast. That's a dragon head! You can clearly make out the nostril hole and front teeth, as well as the shape of the underside of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

Mostly haven't been in this thread, short on time earlier this week. Here's my take overall. Anthony: go ahead and feel that Guarded Inn wasn't the best first release item. Not everyone agrees, I think it *WAS* a great first release but you gave (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Great job, Jon! I love all the pictures, but the first one especially really sets the mood for the whole gallery. I like some of the details you've included, such as the grey bricks mixed in, the wood-style bricks (what are they called?), and the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

Anthony, I 'm posting because I was the person that possibly branded you a complainer. I'd like you to read this whole post objectively, so I'd like to offer my apology in advance, hoping that you'll see a few things differently, and continue to be (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Red Dragon Head?

(...) No wonder he looks so grumpy! He's got a 'gator in his gullet! Good eye, Chris! Makes you wonder - isn't there a dragon or two in the Harry Potter stories? Maybe a red one? Kevin (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The BrickTopia Royal Palace

I hate me too's and Ditto's... though Brad, great job! I love all the details you added with the freestyle wheels and the rounded half arches. I'm still trying to decide if I like the arches on their sides with the bottom showing... though (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) I must also offer my own apologies to everyone at Lugnet. Though I do not plan to continue to post regularly, it was wrong of me to say that everyone here attributes to Lugnet's problem. However, that does not remove the fact that Lugnet still (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Now there's a resonable counter to my statement :) Actually, I find what you wrote there quite interesting, and would be interested in seeing your grading system when it is finished as well. (...) Well, it would probably be in their own (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) Then grow up and deal with it, you're wrong. Do you actually believe that people MUST read all of your (or anyone's) posts, and comment on them, rather than "ignoring" them, or "looking over" them? GROW UP, the world owes you NOTHING, you (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I'm not sure what bait I should be taking. I'm just a mild mannered LEGOManiac... Frank (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For those of you who remember...

Hello! (...) One. (...) Solid. (...) Nope. The torsos of the minifigs have been altered: (URL) minifigs in the #6067 are of the middle type. I guess that the figs in the #10000 will show the right version. (...) As I said above: At least the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Until Danger(tm) rears its ugly head. Then you're an intrepid Cave Explorer, Pirate King, and Menace to Bad Drivers everywhere. Just shine the LEGO(tm) Logo into the sky and you'll come! ++Lar (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Red Dragon Head?

(...) No you are not dreaming, that is a red dragon/crocodile jaw top (note it is not a complete head). Nifty use of an existing piece. Now if only they would release a complete red dragon... Actually, I'd love to see some dragon parts which fit the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Brickfest stuff

Frank Filz mentioned in a previous post that I'm bringing my inn (The Twin Hawks Inn) to Brickfest. Without givig too much away, here are the rooms available (Some other romms are already occupied) for 'rent' at Brickfest: 2 basic singles (your (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:3B22650A.FB6ABA...faq.com... (...) and crying (...) attention! So why you giving it to him? regards lawrence (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Inventories

Here's an unsolicited plug for a great resource: the Peeron set inventories at (URL) by Dan and Jenn Boger. This is a great searchable database of the contents of hundreds of Lego sets. Of particular interest to .castle: thanks in large part to the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest stuff

Hi Fritz! Wow, cool, glad you are bringing an inn. I'm sure you'll have takers, but if not, I'll be glad to fill up a couple of rooms. I don't need them though, because (to answer your other question) I'm bringing some sort of "Summer house" for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!

(...) <grin> Uh-oh.... Raven's in for trouble, huh? ;-) -Shiri (who got two of the four 10000s as a b-day present for Chris, but he already knows. So much for surprises ;-) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Hi Jon! Grrr, I knew it... you're becoming one of my favorite builders. Ugh :-) OK, more specific comments. First off, you caught my eye by locating a creation in Israel (if ancient-day .il... still ;-). While I haven't been to Ein Gedi (boo), I've (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) Thanks! (...) I have to confess that I haven't been to Ein Gedi either (the site was "unavailable" during my visit). I love the historical significance of the site though, and when I thought of where in Judea to set the scene, it was either (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) Thanks! (...) I have to confess that I haven't been to Ein Gedi either (the site was "unavailable" during my visit). I love the historical significance of the site though, and when I thought of where in Judea to set the scene, it was either (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) The problems of lkeeping favorites organized was what led to my links pages. Hopefully I will get a chance Monday to add Jon's Fortress to my links. Frank (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

You know, I've tried to stay out of this, though I do have to say. Tom I would have thought better coming from you. Anthony wasn't 'whining' about being ignored, he was simply stating a fact that is very prevalent on this server. People get ignored. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) That's great advice. (...) Flaming cruxifixion? Seems a mixed metaphor... :-) Seriously, we've had some discussions about the phenomenon in the past. Lots of them. Is LUGNET cliqueish? It must be, I would think, unless it is unlike every other (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) Mookie, who has ever stabbed YOU in the back? I can't even fathom this happening...I presume you mean creatively, etc. And I DO recall your comments about castle walls -- but then again, haven't you been using MOC stickers on walls? I am going (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  new stuff ;) (Was Re: Sorry Anthony)

Removed debate from the line up... (I was getting bored with it anyway ;) ) I said what I needed to say, Now they can either play nice or stay outta .castle :) Don't worry Richard, you aren't on of them... no one in the .castle area is, so you can (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new stuff ;) (Was Re: Sorry Anthony)

Cannot let Tamy get last post in thread :^P (...) Perhaps our aggressions mostly go into the creations so they are more seldom in our post? (aka we vent more?) (...) Tamy I also love your pages. (...) Mike (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Red Dragon Head?

(...) More dragon parts in new colors, wahoo! Anyone for a patchwork dragon? Mike (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Well, I've been on vacation for the last week and was excited to get back to reading some good Castle posts. Instead, I end up spending an hour reading about personal attacks all around. with that being said, I will add my opinion to this long (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  help identifying set

just picked up a small set at a yard sale and cant seem to id it. it appears to be the catapult from 6040 but it differs in that it has black 1x1 round "shot" a black horse with a blue harness and a wolfpck minifig. all other sets obtained from this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new stuff ;) (Was Re: Sorry Anthony)

<snip here, snip there, snip every-everywhere> (...) Yeah, I think we are one of the nicest groups around. I feel so much at home in .castle. Even we have our bad times though, that's allowed, and hey, it happens - to everyone. (After seeing two (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

I see a lot of your point Brian, Though there's another side to this.. If this helps Lego to make some money, it will help them keep more people on the payroll. Which hopefully will help them see that we are willing to buy sets with more than 20 (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new stuff ;) (Was Re: Sorry Anthony)

(...) I think it's because *your* theme actually has weapons and can vent aggression, e.g., flinging bricks with working catapults. Over in .pirates, over half our cannon can't even shoot! It's pathetic. At least we have lots of parrots and monkeys. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: help identifying set

(...) Look carefully at the other sets to make sure another one doesn't have some parts switched. There aren't any Wolfpack sets with a catapult (at least none that I know of). It's possible the previous owner had traded a few parts. Also, which (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: help identifying set

(...) Sorry, 6039 twin arm launcher. maybe the minifig, but all other parts appear to have been together since their first assembly. (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: help identifying set

(...) By the sounds of it, what you have is a 6039 with a different minifig and stuff. (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Black Treasure Chest

Which set is the black treasure chest from?? is it a pirate accessory, I have certainly not seen it in a castle set - only brown and grey ones. -- James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Treasure Chest

(...) Not pirates, but Adventurers Egypt and Ninja... Richard Still baldly going... (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

Mookie wrote: <snip> (...) Hi Tamyra, Actually I wouldn't have replied as the Tom's way, but my thoughts are pretty same about this kind of "cry baby attitude". Actually you already revealed the trick: "having a thicker skin". And not having great (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle)

  The legend lives

Hello! The 6067 "Guarded Inn" is my all time favourite LEGO® set. The first glance at the picture in the 1986 catalogue was the initial spark of this love... And I was lucky to get it as a birthay present the same year. The Guarded Inn is a legend. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

Hello, I'm consurring with Jojo's opinion but want to add 2 further cents. In Germany, specific in the Forum at 1000steine.de, there were much more criticism of the new "Legends-Line". Many "collectors" are annoyed, because TLC slapped them in the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

you have to realise that most of the AFOL don't want a collectors market. It drives the price up and encourages speculation on prices. Yes it'd be pretty cool to see a revised or modified inn to add to the collection, and of course LEGO are doing it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) LEGO is not a collector's item, like Beanie Babies or Elvis commemorative plates. It is a toy, meant to be played with, not sitting MISB in someone's closet accumulating value. Anything that LEGO does to make a great set more available is an (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

Hello James, (...) That's right, but wouldn't it be nice if TLC would sell castle sets LIKE the Guarded Inn and not THE Guarded Inn? TLC renews the Legends-Sets because the sets are "leading in design" - if so, why not creating new sets by tradition (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact