 Castle / 9326
Re: Extra! Extra! Lego Direct to reissue guarded inn!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:34:13 GMT

John Carroll wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
          Right now I'm beginning to wonder about quantity?

If everyone intends to get at least 4 around here, and if the ‘Legends’
series is displayed at Lego.com and in the Lego Mania Magazine…is there a
possibility that this item could sell-out?

I wonder if that is why they are doing the pre-orders.  I wonder if the set
aare created and ready to go or if they are waiting to see how many they need?

I think I'm going to have to rebuild my Blacksmith (I hope I can find all of
the furnace parts) and armor shop.  to connect to the guarded inn.  it is
cool to see that the S@H pic of the inn is from the other side.  I'd never
seen any pics except for the instruction/box cover that apperad in the
lugnet database.  I had no idea that the Guarded Inn was one of the castle
wall sets (like the black smith and armor shop) I'm definitlly going to have
to add a market place to my castle.

One question.  are the square windows actually square windows or are they
headlights put in backwards?

Hey John,

The square windows are actually backwards headlights. Having just put
together my FIRST Guarded Inn two weeks ago (after a heated battle on
Ebay) the new release is a double edged sword. I kick myself for buying
ONE of them at $100, but I'm elated that I'm picking up four more for
the same price today.

The Guarded Inn DOES look cool when hooked into the castle wall series
and looks GREAT with the armor shop and blacksmith shop. The only
problem is the back of it is open air. I'm thinking of dropping mine
into a corner type of spot in the wall so that it opens onto a patio
area in back rather than, say the blacksmith shop next door.
--
Matt Brooks