 Castle / 9134
Re: Castle accessories arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 21:36:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:

This is certainly a tough one.  I have about 25 of those armor pieces and I
really wouldn't want to spend more then a $1 for 1, but, at the same time, I
would never part with them for only $1.  It's kind of funny how you're
willing to buy things at a certain price, but will only sell them at another
price.  (Part of it is probably due to the fact that I HAVE some, so the
need to get them is not high on my priority list).

This is a common phenomenon, one I refer to as "hysteresis", taking the term
from signals/electronics.

For example, I currently would only pay 450 for a MIB airport shuttle, but
would not part with the one I have for less than 1000. I currently would
only pay ~200 for a used yellow castle but would not part with mine for less
than 4-500...

++Lar