 Castle / 9123
Re: Castle accessories arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 18:49:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
(wishing he'd heard about this soon enough to get some himself, instead of
having to corner the second-hand market)

One thing that I think is kind of neat here is that the lack of a 2nd
hand market in most of these packs says that they actually mostly went
to people who wanted them for themselves instead of to resell. I'm sure
we will see some on eBay and whatnot, but for the most part, it looks
like these went directly to the people who wanted them. I certainly
don't have anything against reselling, but I do think it's nice when the
people who want an item get it directly (or more directly). I can't
imagine any Lugnetter is sitting on 5138s figuring they can get more if
they hold onto them longer.

Yeah, I figured right away that most people would be keeping theirs.  I
mean, I'm willing to buy these for $20, but I wouldn't sell them for that
low. ;)

I had hoped that either there were more of them or that one of the resellers
had snagged some.

Unfortunately for James, he was about a day too late in his offer. It
wouldn't surprise me if many of the buyers asked about 5138 realizing
that if James was offering what he did, even if they over bought and
James wasn't interested in them all, they would find someone else
willing to pay.

That's what I was hoping for, but like you say, I caught on a day late. :/

Ah well, there's worse fates. :)

James