 Castle / 9121
Re: Castle accessories arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 18:27:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
James Brown wrote:
So whoever it is that did manage to score these, confess!

I want to know who to be jealous of. ;)

Who me? I only got 10 (I mostly went for Pirate service packs, though I
did get quite a handful of Castle service packs also [mostly 10 of each,
compared to the 20 each of the Pirate ones], plus a smattering of other
stuff). I didn't hog the shooting cannon though. I only got one of each
pack (of course I've got 50 or 70 or something like that Shooting Cannon
service packs which I got a couple years ago - I was only getting these
packs for completeness).

There must not have been many of the 5138s.

Nope, not many at all.  If you've got 10, I'm fairly positive (though still
guessing) that you've snagged about a quarter of the total supply.

   I think the total number available was around 50 for all of
   Europe.  I now have only a couple--but in retrospect I'm shocked
   that I got any.  But that's what happens when one has little else
   to do for a week, and happens to land on a lucky week.  (I suppose
   that if one must have only one kind of luck in one's life, LEGO
   luck is one of the better sorts to have!)  I'm glad I got a few,
   because that cool armour piece fell completely within my own personal
   Dark Ages.  Most of the available packs did, in fact.

(wishing he'd heard about this soon enough to get some himself, instead of
having to corner the second-hand market)

One thing that I think is kind of neat here is that the lack of a 2nd
hand market in most of these packs says that they actually mostly went
to people who wanted them for themselves instead of to resell. I'm sure
we will see some on eBay and whatnot, but for the most part, it looks
like these went directly to the people who wanted them. I certainly
don't have anything against reselling, but I do think it's nice when the
people who want an item get it directly (or more directly). I can't
imagine any Lugnetter is sitting on 5138s figuring they can get more if
they hold onto them longer.

I guess you haven't been out to Brickbay today.
http://brickbay.com/store.asp?p=torquay

This person must have bought at least 50 of the castle sets and who knows
how many pirate...