 Castle / 3704
Re: Minifig Armies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:15:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Sun Yun writes:
Hello all,

I came out of the "dark ages" a couple years ago during college when the Ninja
themed Legos first came out.  Since then I've SLOWLY been massing troops in
order to create a large battle scene(the Star Wars sets sidetracked my "Ninja
Army" funds for quite a while :(.

My current total for just the Ninja theme is 84.  It's not a very impressive
number but I probably would have never started had it not been for the Ninja
Knights minifig pack(hopefully we'll see a stormtrooper pack as well! :).  My
army will probably stay at that size until I see a big sale for these figs.
But ultimately, I'd like to be around the 300-400 mark.  The more the better.

So anyways, I know a lot of you have some incredibily large armies out there.
I was just wondering how large other people's castle themed armies are?  If
you have links to pictures that would be great too.

sun

Just snag the high minifig count sets whenever they are on sale and your army
will grow.  I've only been getting Castles stuff the last six months or so and
I have about 150 figs from the Ninja line.  I'll probably double that when the
2nd year stuff goes on sale.

Fright Knights about the same (not counting the 30+ witches that I have to
ditch at some point).  Everything else tails off quickly - 30 Knights Kingdom,
20 Forestmen, 10 Black Falcons, 5 wolfpack, 25 Royal Knights, 30 Dragon
Masters, some another 30 or so that don't seem theme specific or just odd and
ends (generic scale armor and the like).

450 vaguely.  Plus lots of extra weapons, helmets and shields so some of my
pirates can do double duty.  Yes, Shiri, I cheat and use the Morion helmet and
breastplate from the Armada guys.

Bruce