 Castle / 3689
Re: Minifig Armies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:13:30 GMT

Sun Yun wrote in message ...
Hello all,

I came out of the "dark ages" a couple years ago during college when the • Ninja
themed Legos first came out.  Since then I've SLOWLY been massing troops in
order to create a large battle scene(the Star Wars sets sidetracked my • "Ninja
Army" funds for quite a while :(.

My current total for just the Ninja theme is 84.  It's not a very • impressive
number but I probably would have never started had it not been for the • Ninja
Knights minifig pack(hopefully we'll see a stormtrooper pack as well! :). • My
army will probably stay at that size until I see a big sale for these figs.
But ultimately, I'd like to be around the 300-400 mark.  The more the • better.

So anyways, I know a lot of you have some incredibily large armies out • there.
I was just wondering how large other people's castle themed armies are?  If
you have links to pictures that would be great too.

Get ready to laugh <g>:

In the 'Wonderful World of DBR' the populations are as follows:

Black Falcons: 12 Broad Sword men, 3 archers, 3 knights, 9 axe/spear men,
total = 27

Crusaders: 8 Broad Sword men, 6 Knights, 1 Princess, total = 15

Dead Army (AKA Fright Knights): 7 Skeleton warriors, 9 Ghost Warriors, 3
Witches, 9 Batlords (Knights), 12 Axemen, total = 40 (I seem to be missing a
ghost though... Hmm...)

Royal Knights: 15 Broad Sword men, 4 Axemen, 2 personal guards, 2 archers, 1
Queen, 1 King, total = 25

Forest People: (all various) 9 brown-hat wolfpack guys, 3 black-hat wolfpack
guys, 21 Forestmen, 13 Dark forest guys, 1 forest queen, total = 47

Black Knights: 17 Broad Sword men, 11 knights, 6 archers, 6 jousters, 1
king, total = 41

Dragon Masters (My favorite <g>): 12 Broad Sword men, 7 axemen, 4 dragon
Flyers/archers, 1 wizard, 6 knights, 1 king, total = 31

King Leo People (No name yet...): 22 broad sword men, 20 archers, 15 axemen,
1 king, total = 58 (thanks to 4811)

Peasants: 1 (Yes, that says "One (1)") total = 1
So, with all of the armies together, I have a whoppin' 285 Castle figs.
Because of the relatively small numbers of each army, I've developed a back
story to cover that.

In a nutshell: My CW consists of 3 main factions: The Royalty, The Dragon
Lords, and the forest/town people. The Royalty has three different
governments: Crusaders, Royal Knights, and King Leo's People. The
Government's monarchy's are all related (e.g.: King Leo is King Richard -of
the Royal Knights'- Older brother). They all separated in order to locally
control regions, and often get together to fight bigger threats together.
(Total Army: 98)

The Dragon Lords only have two separate governments: Dragon masters, and
Black Nights. The Leaders aren't related, they are just... partners (I
haven't ,and probably won't expand on that). They don't get along that well,
but will work together is need be. The Dead Army (Fright Knights) were once
part of that alliance, but the witches started playing with Black Magic, and
found themselves at odds with the Wizards. The Wizards Cursed the Witches,
and banned them into the forest. (Total Army: 72)

the Dead Army, as mentioned, roam in the forest, basically fighting with the
Foresters for control. They are rarely seen in the daytime, and have been
known to raid the Dragon Master's castle at night... The witches have also
been known to search battle fields for corpses for unknown purposes...
(Total Army: 40)

The Foresters are very peaceful, but struggle for control with the larger
factions for land, passage, etc. They currently don't have a place to live
because that mean jerk DBR destroyed their home in need of pieces <G>.
(Total Army: 47)

Consider the Black Falcons "Foreign Invaders"...

That's it...

Cordially,
        DBR