 Castle / 3295
Re: Inn/tavern teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:10:28 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Duncan writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:

I will probably rework the Inn to make it more modular to give easier access
to the interior but I have no plans rightnow to change the exterior.

I have seen several references to making creations more modular.  Are you
talking about using technic friction pins?  I would love to be able to open up
MOC's and show the insides of the structures.  If you are using the friction
pins, what pieces are you using for the female halves of the joint?

Bruce I use technic pins (not friction pins)1 in most of my modular creations
like my Inn, Church, and City Wall.  I don't have pics of the pins on the in
but here are pics of the Church and City wall.

I've found that using the 1x2 or 2x2 bricks with the built-in pins works even
better because you don't have to worry about the pin itself coming loose. The
other side would of course be a 1x2 technic beam.

1.  I think Technic Friction pegs are the ones with the "+" on one end and a
regular pin on the other "o".  The one's I use just have the "o" on both ends.

Actually, those are something else half-axle pins or soemthing - I know what
you
mean, though, because I was confused for a long time.  (Back in my day, we didn't
*have* no fancy 'friction pins'...) There are actually two kinds of tehcnic
pins
- the regular ones which hold loosely and allow the joint to spin and then
another
kind (I've only seen them in black) which 'grip' the beams they are put into and
do not spin freely.  (Hence friction pins, because friction keeps them from
moving, unlike regular pins.) These are the pins that hold the A-Wing's guns
in
place if you've picked up that set...

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m