 Castle / 3285
Re: Inn/tavern teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:10:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
I actually got some building done today... wow!
I haven't really built something for a loooong time. Lion's Cove was an
exception - but short-lived. I set my expectations waaaay too high that time
and so was bound to be disappointed.

So I decided to take a smaller scale project. A tavern/inn seemed very
reasonable when made at a small size (nothing as big as Eric K.'s amazing Inn)
because characters are bound to just pass thru for no apparent reason.

Here are some preliminary results:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Inn.html

Description included within the page. Please LMKWYT.

-Shiri

Hi Shiri,

Overall, I like the design of your inn.  I do have a few suggestions and
questions, though.  :)

When building a structure made of "stone", I like to frame window- and
door-frames in a highlight color.  Something similar to this:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/zigdon/Wamalug/GATS/metro.jpg>(1)
I'll get pictures of my castle this weekend, so you can see how I did it.  For
your Inn, Black would probably look best. :)

Most Inns would probably have a front door and a back door.  The back door
would have been off the Kitchen, so patrons wouldn't see the employees come and
go.  :)

Is your Inn going to be in a city, village, or out in the countryside?  This
would probably determine where the door actually leads.  :)

Are you going to have a stableyard?  Will the stable be attached to the Inn or
separate?

Will the interior be accessable?  How?

That is all I can think of at the moment.  Keep up the good work!

Jeff, "Thallid Lord"
Save the Whales!  I may get hungry later...
ICQ #66153738
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/