 Castle / 2370 (+20)
  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Me too. I know some people have really big stuff, but I'm not one of them. I don't even have that many baseplates. Geez, I never realized people have *such* big collections. Jeff S.'s castle is 80x80... Mike Ulring's is a full 512x512?!?! I (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Hmm. That's a much smaller scale than I was thinking it would be. I was thinking of realms more in terms of "miles" than in studs...I assumed more of a map scale, where a city would be represented by a dot... in this scale, I can easily see a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Could I get and island in CW?

(...) alan ~ you will be delighted with the wide selection of small to medium size legocean islands that will be availlable in the "CW real estate showroom". they come in a variety of shapes and colors denoting various textures. (wooded, sandy, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Could I get and island in CW?

(...) in (...) Great! I need at least a small island or two... (I'm hoping to trade for some Island baseplates. Anyone up to it?) and a maybe a few streams... but can we really choose *everything* in the realm? Will adjoining realms be similar at (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) But why do I have to build each and every structure/area involved in my realm? It feels like Castle World is turning into a contest, and I thought this was supposed to be a collection of castle-related objects. I also don't have the time and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) long shots! my first two structures have long since been sorted back into the collective! for the red dragon fortress, mephisto's lair, it provides a great oportunity to rebuild/ re-design, bigger and badder than before. (c'mon pawell ~ go (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale -much clearer now!

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks, Jeff, for clarifying the realm scale for me through this post. (I catch on really fast when people explain to me slowly ;-) In such a case where a realm is a pretty big part of the country I would agree that 512x512 studs (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) time (...) I think you misunderstood Craig here. Notice this line, quoted: "a realm need not be filled with structures, tho'. one may want an isolated structure or small villlage surrounded by forest. chronicling four ballads essentially (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) From my preliminary talks with Craig, no two realms can touch side by side - only on the corners. So: XOXOX OSOXO XOXOX If S is Shiri's Realm, then there are four other realms touching it - at the four corners. The four realms on the sides are (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Hi Pawel and Craig. There seems to be huge confusion here as to the size of the realms. I suggest you talk about this in greater detail, since many people are not quite sure about "filling up a realm", and whether a realm is a full sized country or (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) I got that. What I meant was that I can't say "There is a Keep in the hills nearby, and they are sending these evil monsters to attack my army." (...) Does my history count? If so, I have the makings for a very large area right there. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) eek! i hope not. Castle World, in pawel's original inception, is a site to collect and archive original lego creations in a castle theme. these creations are described as models, characters, stories. although things have snowballed fast and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My Map

For those who want to see it, here is a sketch of what the Kingdom of Dragonia looks like, including the three major Provinces. (URL) This is the kind of map I'd like to see for Castle World. Small scale, with enough room to place any creation (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Map

(...) Yup. That's much more the kind of scale I was thinking, too. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, shiri! i was just coming to post, hopefuly, just such a thing. aaarrrghhh! posts are coming in so fast, can't respond to them all! the last thing i wanted to do was Castle World into "Castle WHIRLED"! please read the posts i've made (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) realm being 512 by 512, I thought that was 512 32x32 baseplates by 512 32x32 baseplates, not 16 32x32 baseplates by 16 32x32 baseplates. This would be several orders of magnitude more space, and more realistically represent continent-sized (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) yes, sort of another spoiler, then. what better field of play than a chessboard? every other square is a realm. all realms are connected on a diagonal. (also the routes used for RDP's!) the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Craig, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when I say that we all greatly appreciate the work you're doing with Castle World: the time and thought you're putting into this is one of the concrete reasons this will work out at all. I believe that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural Boundary/ (...) It also makes it work a lot like a game of Go. (...) Hey, who said the lives of Gods were easy? :P (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, so much, jason! this is the perfect reasoning we need. if you look back into the original CW posts, pawel originally mentioned mapping the world on a grid of 4x4, to which shiri responded 4x4 _what_? what indeed. it doesn't matter. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact