 Castle / 1644
Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 01:52:44 GMT

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:13:44 GMT, "David Williams"
<dwill_au@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm using Microsoft publisher to build my page and you don't have to know any
HTML rubbish.

BTW: I am using Altavista to publish my pages.

Well, I use Frontpage 2000 and I love it.  But, I would like to point
out that knowing at least some of that "HTML rubbish" can help you out
a great deal.  Like when you need to copy the HTML FP or any other
editor/program creates for you to another place (like I just did when
I put my resume on monster.com).  Looked like crap.  Luckily, since I
started writing HTML pages using Simpletext on a Mac (ssshhhh) I
remembered enough to help me clean things up.

Oddly enough, at least for editing this resume on Monster, I've
reverted to using Notepad.

I still use FP2000 for my website and I'm satisfied with the ok job it
does for me.  But I'm also glad that I remember enough of the
"rubbish" to help fix some of the problems that _all_ editors will
introduce into my pages from time to time.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/