 Publishing / 1375
Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:48:19 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

[ XFUT lugnet.publish ]

Shiri:

I've been thinking about setting up a homepage.

[...]

If someone could help me with some guidelines/tips/ideas/good programmers ;)
I'd really appreciate it.

To get started with HTML, try the tutorials at <http://www.htmlgoodies.com>.[1]
Joe's done a nice job of presenting the concepts in reasonable chunks, with the
right amount of detail.  He also addresses flavors of HTML, including browser
differences, style sheets, and HTML 4.  Some of the tutorials show their age,
since they often refer to v2.0 browsers, but standard HTML hasn't changed since
those olden days.

A second major technique for learning HTML is to visit pages with good style
(well, style that you like), and employ the "View Source" menu option on your
browser.

Steve
--
1) Specifically, start at <http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/basics.html>.