 Off-Topic / Fun / 4130
Re: IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:08:28 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Adam Hoekwater writes:

It's a limited perfection. I'm perfect, but not omniescent.

:-)

Larry Pieniazek

Omniescent -adj. 1) having the ability to smell all things at once  2) the
ability to smell like all things - Synonyms: polyolfactory, multifragrant

Or else, it's the odour produced by a Dodge Omni, which is rather distinctive
by all accounts.  It's right up there with Pinto smell (the car, not the beans,
that's a *different* word) and Vega smell.  All three are on the opposite side
of the Whiff Wheel from "New Car" smell.

Polyolfactory?  Ya know, I think we have one of these out at Dow...<grin>

I understand TLG had one of these as well, and they produced Polly in grey,
brown, and rainbow-painted red (at the very least).  Brawk!

Hmmm, in all seriousness (which still isn't much), wouldn't "polyolfactory"
really mean "having many organs to sense smell?"  So polyolfactory omniscence
might be better termed "The Noses Knowses?"

best,

Lindsay