 Castle / 15793
Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
I'd be more of the mind to say that if this does indeed get to be a
high-volume thing, it belongs in its own area. Perhaps a .fun.gaming
subgroup or a .castle subgroup... Technically, posts of this nature are
*allowed* in .castle-- but then again, if 10,000 non-Lego history buffs
started posting like wild here (which is *also* allowed in .castle if
they're discussing castle-ish related things), it starts to loose the Lego
focus.

I see how this can be argued both ways, on the matter of where to post
almost any non-MOC Castle related subject (including those recently
mentioned).  If the Tavern idea takes off, perhaps we could seek out an
alternate group here in lugnet.  It would be cool to see something like
.castle.incharacter.  But I've been trying to get help starting a new group
on another topic and haven't had much luck.

Meanwhile, *boing* ugh! Those lightbulbs over my head! ... Meanwhile, we
could continue with the Tavern, but what if we were to bring it closer to
the brick hobby.  Here is my thought:

Imagine if one of us designed a relatively-simple-to-copy tavern design that
everyone could build and snap photos of.  Have the bartender and waitstaff
be generic figs that most people might have in their collection.  That way,
along with in-character posts and discussions, people could post images of
the tavern interior that include their own character-figs having a brew,
playing chess, sharing rumors, or maybe starting a food fight...

If settling on a single simple design for the tavern is impossible (due to
everyone having different pieces), then maybe everyone can do their own, but
always take pictures that don't show the whole thing.  This way someone can
take a picture of their character-fig in one corner, and another person can
take a picture of their character-fig in another corner, and we can
"pretend" the two corners are separate parts of the same building.

Just some ideas...
-Hendo