 Castle / 15790
Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
Oh dear.

I think I have to agree with Rocco on this one.  I really think the "chat
pub" is a great idea.  And I can see it having a place in the Castle
community.  But it is somewhat hypocrytical considering who started it.  I
mean no offense to the good lady when I say that, but didn't she recently
say she did not enjoy role playing games?  Maybe this new idea is not an
RPG, but it *is* a form of role playing.

Maybe deep down inside she actually likes role playing but just doesn't want
to admit it...

-Hendo, who is now going to find that old suit of plate armor he got for
LARPing, assuming he may need it after these comments...  ;o

Okay, I opened a big can of worms and then got sick, so I've been away from
the computer.

First, what is LARPing?  I've never seen that one before.

Second, yes, I said I don't get RPG's, but then, I don't get a lot of
things.  (My brothers' perennial fascination with fire, for one.)  I also
said the *stats and rules* belong over in .fun.gaming.

Third, I used to play with the SCA, and I do like role-playing.  I have no
problem admitting it.

Fourth, to the gallant gentleman willing to defend my honor, many thanks.
(Sweep of skirts in a curtsy)

Tatyana

PS.  Shall we try the tavern again, or not?