 Castle / 15758
Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:12:55 GMT

Hi tonya,

Very impressive, I can see a great story unfolding here.
One question; are you planing on playing it out with lego characters?
cuz that would be pretty cool, well keep it up.

Laterz

Joey

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
Scene:  A village, a twilit evening, a quiet street, a dingy tavern.  A
figure cloaked against the elements hurries toward the beckoning golden
light spilling through the windows and onto the cobbled street.

Upon entering the thin warmth inside the door of the time-worn common room,
the woman, for it is a woman under the concealing layers, unfurls the burden
of her woolen cloak and quickly moves toward the greater warmth of the open
fireplace and the comfort of a seat.

The tavernkeep steps toward her.  He catches her eye.  She looks disgruntled.

"Wine.  Mulled.  Hot," she orders.  The keep says nothing as he walks away
to fill her request.

Returning with a large mug of fragrant red wine, the keep stands over the
woman until she looks into his eyes.

"What's the problem, Tatyana?  The king again?"  He sets down the mug and
sits across from her.

"He's going to give my job to someone else and take my head off if there are
any more construction delays.  It's the queen - she wants everything just
so, he indulges her, and I get blamed.  And don't even get me started on the
budget.  He wants me to build the heart of a kingdom with what it would take
to build a decent hunting lodge!"

The tavernkeep shakes his head sympathetically at the master mason.