 Castle / 15757
    The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
   Scene: A village, a twilit evening, a quiet street, a dingy tavern. A figure cloaked against the elements hurries toward the beckoning golden light spilling through the windows and onto the cobbled street. Upon entering the thin warmth inside the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Joey Finnell
     Hi tonya, Very impressive, I can see a great story unfolding here. One question; are you planing on playing it out with lego characters? cuz that would be pretty cool, well keep it up. Laterz Joey (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
     (...) Nope. My thought was to have a "virtual" Tavern for us .castle folk to write on, add to, and have fun with right here online. Tatyana The master mason or the petulant queen (depending on the moment) ;) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Matt Hein
     In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes: <snipped> I'm guessing you wrote this to initiate an interesting story thread, so here's my response to your prompt... (...) As the small, but quaint tavern stood at the entrance to the city, the silver (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Richie Dulin
     In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes: <snip> (...) <snip> If he was approaching stealthily, why would it seem as though the locals tried to avoid him? surely if he's approaching stealthily, he'd be (at least) avoiding the attention of the locals, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Matt Hein
     (...) Heh...you're really picky about detail, aren't you? Well, when you have only a few minutes to type something, and I have my annoying siblings jabbing at me to get on the computer, the chances for error are far greater. Try writing something (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Rocco J. Carello
   (...) I don't want to be picky, but if you're going to complain about people developing gaming rules in here, then I would think this is also the wrong place for an open-ended story/role-playing session. I initially clicked on the link thinking it (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Well, stories are implicitly allowed. Also, there is a difference between "role play" and a "role playing game". :) This kind of thing could also be used as inspiration for MOCs or other stories, or better yet, a way for people to refine their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
   Oh dear. I think I have to agree with Rocco on this one. I really think the "chat pub" is a great idea. And I can see it having a place in the Castle community. But it is somewhat hypocrytical considering who started it. I mean no offense to the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
   (...) Okay, I opened a big can of worms and then got sick, so I've been away from the computer. First, what is LARPing? I've never seen that one before. Second, yes, I said I don't get RPG's, but then, I don't get a lot of things. (My brothers' (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —David Eaton
     (...) Live Action Role Playing, I believe... (...) I'd be more of the mind to say that if this does indeed get to be a high-volume thing, it belongs in its own area. Perhaps a .fun.gaming subgroup or a .castle subgroup... Technically, posts of this (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
     (...) I see how this can be argued both ways, on the matter of where to post almost any non-MOC Castle related subject (including those recently mentioned). If the Tavern idea takes off, perhaps we could seek out an alternate group here in lugnet. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Frank Filz
     (...) I like this idea. The Blacksmith shop could be turned into a tavern pretty easily. For personalized constructions, people could build surrounding homes and businesses. Frank (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Tanya K. Burkhart
     Greetings, Folks! I think my brain hurts. If I can get pics taken, developed, and posted in less than a week, that's a major accomplishment. Yes, the multiple, identical common physical settings is a cute idea, but it sort of defeats the purpose of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Jason Cicchini
     Tanya, First, I agree with quality of posts over quantity as well. Second, why not set up a java based chat room via ozbricks or such... Offer posters to .castle a membership, and eventually "events" can be held where everyone would be invited to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —John P. Henderson
     (...) As Dave answered, Live Action Role Playing. Not unlike the SCA, from what little I know of SCA... (...) And on that point, I agreed with you entirely. ...So, it would seem fair to say that you enjoy to role play, but prefer freeform with no (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Crumbled Brick Tavern —Rocco J. Carello
   (...) Well, role-playing is basically what this story idea would be, since each person would be posting as a "role" they are "playing". The only difference between role playing and a role playing game is that if two of the guys in here get into a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle)