 Castle / 15616
15615  |  15617
Subject:
Activity on .castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:24:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

1)  We've got lots of lurkers and not a lot of posters?

2)  The people on .space are having more fun than we are?

3)  We need to have more inspiration from each other?

These are the general observations I've been reading lately regarding we
castle-heads as a group.  Are these really problems?  Or are they just an
indication that we're adults and we actually have lives away from our bricks?

Blasphemy, I know....

~~~~~
She's a witch!
How do you _know_ she is a witch?
She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better....
~~~~~

So, if these observations are _not_ really problems, then:

1) There's enough interest here that people are taking the time to lurk, and
that's a good thing.

2) Who's to say what's fun?  If you've got an Army of Darkness/Dogma/Monty
Pythom and the Holy Grail sense of humor, share it!

3) Inspiration comes from a lot of places - books, movies, comics, travel,
songs, spirituality...  What inspires you?

If these observations _are_ really problems, then:

1) Stop Lurking!  Say "hi" once in a while, even if you really don't have
anything else to say.  Let us know you're around, what you've been up to,
even if it's not to announce some grand MOC that you've been working on for
months (2 years now, in my case).  "Hey, guys, I'm working on the wizard's
tower on my castle."  "Hi, been saving money to buy a Lego Storage Unit.
Not much going on building-wise.  Had a great idea, though..."  "Total
structural failure on the north wall of my castle.  Rebuilding."

2) Post a joke.  Start a Mad-Libs type story that we can continue as a
group.  Doesn't have to be complicated.  Don't even have to be logical. ;)

3) Find something cool on BrickShelf and post a link to it.  It never hurts
to be reminded what else has been built.  Post a link to something you've
built.  Post a link to something that might be good fodder for someone else
to take a crack at building.  Inspiration is a funny thing.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share,
Tanya

PS. I promise I will post my own pictures (even if they're lousy quality)
(hoping they're good) as soon as I have the CD back from Target.  Three days
at most.