 Castle / 15737
Re: Activity on .castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:57:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Blocksidge writes:

First, the White Temple: Very impressive!  The roof is very original, and I
like the way it opens.  The upside-down V-things underneath the roofline a very
cool as well.

Thanks very much!  That roof is heavy, heavier than the whole rest of the
building.  Upside down v-things?  White hinges two fingers on one side,
three fingers on the other.

What piece is used for the little arches along the sides?

The lower sides below the window arches?  They are another silly Belville
part: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30077  Funny little fence
piece.

So.... who are the two people being honored in the temple?  (The gold statue
on the right is very cool, is that made from C-3PO or what?)

Mother Mary and Jesus Christ, Shekina and Yahweh, Hera and Zeus, Moon and
Sun, insert Goddess and God of your choice as minifig statues.  I've gotten
a lot more liberal in my views of Diety (not quite Hindu liberal - I can't
deal with the idea of thousands of gods), but I didn't feel like I was being
heretical in depicting a Goddess alongside of God.  (Okay, enough
philosophy/theology!)

As for the actual minifigs, they're just plain old light gray and tan,
bought mostly as individual parts off of BrickLink.

Next, the workplace:  Very organized! From what I can see of the castle (it's
unmoderated as I post this), it looks very big.  I can't wait to see more.  Are
those all grey arches seen here?
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tatyana/Office/workspace2.jpg
Wow!

~Kevin Blocksidge~

Unmoderated?  Please explain - this is the first time I've posted anything
to Brickshelf, and I have to say, it was not the most painless thing I've
ever done, invaluable service though it is.

The castle is built on 4 large gray baseplates, and yes, those are all 1x12
gray arches in a pinwheel pattern on top of 2x2 columns.  I try really hard
not to think about the $$$ all of those wonderful people at Bricklink are
getting from me.

If I don't keep my bricks in bags and boxes, my cats, my son, and soon my
daughter too, would all be thieving my bricks away and I'd never see them
again!  Mommy survival tactics!  NO!  Those are my bricks!  I usually have a
baby-gate in the doorway, too.  (The heat doesn't work right in the room if
I close the door.)  That, and my husband gets cranky when my stuff starts
taking over his half of the office.

Off to pick up my boy from kindergarten,
Tanya