 Castle / 15618
Re: Activity on .castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:47:32 GMT

Hey Tanya
What a great post!

Part of the reason for my apparent conversion to .space is that the past month
or so, just about every post in castle has been (1)complaining that no one is
posting or (2)ideas for the Medieval Marketplace.. but not that many post of
actual MOC.

well, i'll give it a try:

Well, here's what I got:::
a new Epic Story, told in a style similiar to the Brick Testament (quasi-comic
form, with a mythic narration style).  All in all, it will be almost 100
images, divided into four parts.

The Epic of the Beyhadur
1)the Prophecy
       wherein the Olman people are warned of their impurity and punishment by

          barbarians.. but there will be salvation
2)the Calling
       wherein God picks his chosen warriors (the leader is called the
          Beyhadur = Hand of God)- and the people fight back
3)the Rising
       wherein the Beyhadur and rebels fight the barbarian conquerors and
          defeat them
4)the Uprising
       wherein a new king is crowned

or something like that.
-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
1)  We've got lots of lurkers and not a lot of posters?

2)  The people on .space are having more fun than we are?

3)  We need to have more inspiration from each other?

These are the general observations I've been reading lately regarding we
castle-heads as a group.  Are these really problems?  Or are they just an
indication that we're adults and we actually have lives away from our bricks?

Blasphemy, I know....

~~~~~
She's a witch!
How do you _know_ she is a witch?
She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better....
~~~~~

So, if these observations are _not_ really problems, then:

1) There's enough interest here that people are taking the time to lurk, and
that's a good thing.

2) Who's to say what's fun?  If you've got an Army of Darkness/Dogma/Monty
Pythom and the Holy Grail sense of humor, share it!

3) Inspiration comes from a lot of places - books, movies, comics, travel,
songs, spirituality...  What inspires you?

If these observations _are_ really problems, then:

1) Stop Lurking!  Say "hi" once in a while, even if you really don't have
anything else to say.  Let us know you're around, what you've been up to,
even if it's not to announce some grand MOC that you've been working on for
months (2 years now, in my case).  "Hey, guys, I'm working on the wizard's
tower on my castle."  "Hi, been saving money to buy a Lego Storage Unit.
Not much going on building-wise.  Had a great idea, though..."  "Total
structural failure on the north wall of my castle.  Rebuilding."

2) Post a joke.  Start a Mad-Libs type story that we can continue as a
group.  Doesn't have to be complicated.  Don't even have to be logical. ;)

3) Find something cool on BrickShelf and post a link to it.  It never hurts
to be reminded what else has been built.  Post a link to something you've
built.  Post a link to something that might be good fodder for someone else
to take a crack at building.  Inspiration is a funny thing.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share,
Tanya

PS. I promise I will post my own pictures (even if they're lousy quality)
(hoping they're good) as soon as I have the CD back from Target.  Three days
at most.