 Castle / 14347
Re: The Epic Chronicles of Ikros
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Wanner writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

--Anthony

    Well well well if it isn't the end of somthing great.  It's sad I liked
the story very well and I liked the ending but it was just that the end.
And now their is no more unknown about the story, which is what I don't
like.  But there is no other way to do a story the end has to come.

Yeah, Mookie hates that part too.  She kept urging me to just leave the ending
open so I could right another ten chapters.  But hey, if you keep going, it
just kinda ruins the whole story.  I mean, look at things like the teen scream
movies from the late eighties and beyond, and the Power Rangers, length just
ruins the novelty of it all.  (not that teen scream movies or the Power Rangers
were really any good to begin with... ok, it was a bad example, sue me)

I am
working on a story my self but it is less then 1/3 finished and it is really
hard because it is inner-twined with four of my friends stories.  Quite hard
to do some thing that is so tangaled and fused together yet is four separate
stories.

                              --Kevin W. §

Yeah, writing a good, fully thought out and prepared story is a hard thing.
It's definately not something to just write for the sake of writing.  I
preplanned my story long before I ever started writing it, and I stuck to the
plan as best I could.  When I thought things could improve, I altered the plan
a little just for that.  It's best to sit down and write an outline of events.
Don't hide anything either, think of this first outline as a timeline, a list
of events.  If you want mystery in your story, next write a new outline, this
time moving the events around, so that you have a list of events in the order
they are revealed through the story.  This way you can have things going on
that the readers won't know about until the end or whenever.

If you ever find yourself having a hard time writing the beginning to the
story, don't do it.  Who says you can't start writing in the middle or the end?
Truth be known I wrote the Battle at the Laquos River LONG before I wrote
anything else.  The only real problem with this is that you have to keep the
later stuff hidden from your readers, unless you've decided to release it all
at once.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your story, it sounds like quite an undertaking.
I hope some of the things I've said helps you out.

And thanks for the response!

--Anthony