 CAD / Ray-Tracing / Search Results: excellent rendering
 Results 261 – 280 of 476.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

Your post made me curious so I rendered a image using that part. I had the part in combinations of by itself and with a minifig, solid and transparent, and with and without radiosity. I also rendered with and without the LGEO library. Other than (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.455)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

(...) This can be related to the radiosity technique which you are using when rendering. Are there any yellow objects near the white one? If so, that could very well be the reason. Fredrik (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.455)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

(...) Ok, thanks. (...) Hmm... good thought. I just downloaded 1.0 and installed it on that computer. Re-rendering the same scene, and I removed all transparent and chrome elements. We'll see how this goes. Thanks, Miguel! Also, I emailed you the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.455)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

(...) Can you share those settings? On the radiosity block, try playing with the "count" parameter. Lower settings (even 1) will speed up the rendering, but sometimes they cause gross artifacts that dissapear at higher settings. (...) MEGAPOV is (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.455)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

I believe you are currently out of luck. The way radiosity is currently set up in POV-Ray 3.5, multiple passes are required. That may or may not change in future versions, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I have a 450 MHz so I understand your (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.455)

  Fustration installing L3PAO

OK this is the second time I'm giving rendering a shot and once again hit an new wall. I have everything but this L3PA0 file installed. Everytime I install the file it keeps telling me I have out of date file "OLEAUT32.DLL" Whats this about? Well (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.454)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

Mike, In the first image, there are no shadows. What you see are reflections. The reflection of the smoke stack on the top of the engine compartment looks like a shadow because the smoke stack is darker than the abient light you see other places. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.454)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8zv6n.n1z@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) using (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have a include file that I use for lighting. It defines a shadowless light source that (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.454)

  Re: Matrix math tutorial

(...) I forgot to mention: keep in mind LDraw uses row-point-coordinates whereas the (otherwise excellent) tutorial uses column-point-coordinates, that means any transformation matrix given in the tutorial has to be "transposed" before being used in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

excellent
(score: 0.450)

  Re: Rendering over lan?

(...) That is entirely dependent on the rendering engine. PovRay is single threaded, so the only way to do it is to run multiple copies. This has other problems, but there's a bit of a discussion about how to do it here (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.449)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H7JwBt.7t1@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps L3P could collect all the edge lines during part generation, but defer the output until the complete model has been generated, and then write (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

rendering
(score: 0.449)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) First, I don't think that it is related to the "smooth triangle" algorithm, because this is independent of the scale of the triangles, it only deals with their surface normals. The basic problem is, that there is no such thing as a line in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

rendering
(score: 0.449)

  Re: Rendering over lan?

There is another way, but it's not for the feint of heart. It's distributed raytracing. People have hacked pov and made it run across multiple machines. I'm not sure if it's actually been done on Windows OSs yet, bet it has worked for other people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.448)

  Rendering over lan?

I have a lan connection of my desktop PC and my laptop I have win XP on PC and WIN 2K on laptop. Is it possible to use both computers same time over lan so I can render faster? If how? (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.448)

  problem with dark colors using Lgeo

houston we've got a problem... basically it's a newbei-problem and probably this question has been posted before over and over again. sorry about that, but after two days of testing pov-settings I'm next to a nervous breakdown and not in the mood to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.448)

  Re: Star Wars related wallpaper

Thanks. The links have been fixed. The 800x600 render was the original version. It's been replaced now. I did use the radiosity feature. Great as it is, radiosity will kill rendering time. The 1024x768 took 12 hr. 15 min 8 sec. Probably would have (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

rendering
(score: 0.444)

  I'm not sure on this error

I'm rendering an animation and some frames they take too long specially on my laptop IBM 770z 128MB of RAM PII 366MHZ aslo in my desktop anyway the error is in "so far, Rendering frame 31 going to 105.camera is inside a non-hollow objec. Fog and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.440)

  L3pao/Lgeo problems

- When render a model including Technic liftarms 1x11.5 double bent using Lgeo parts, 2 additionnal holes are generated (see (URL) left half is rendered with lgeo, right half without) - And I have a problem with Lgeo path too: while L3pao correctly (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.439)

  Re: Pov-ray syntax editors?

Ok so we have POVRAY for win32 E-macs Vim that's good but I'm looking for one that is small and bit notepad like vim is nice I tryied it on linux I got lin mandrake on my D:\ drive but I whould like to use pov-ray for dos for rendering and a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.438)

  LEGO Color Reference

I've been playing around a bit with LDraw, L3P, and POV-RAY over the past few weeks. In August I tried to do some rendering of individual LEGO elements and found it to be a lot more challenging than I had expected. After much hair-pulling and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !!

rendering
(score: 0.436)

More:  Next Page >>